Anyone any experience with gill flukes

michaelsf90

If anyone has any experience with gill flukes then advice would be much appreciated. I have been losing roughly one fish a month for about 5 months. All are various types of danios. They start off by stopping eating. Spitting food out. Getting very thin. Basically wasting away then eventually floating around and dying and ending up in a curver shape. Anyway one of my glowlight danios is now doing the same however its gills are red and its belly underneath is red and its belly is very sunken in. Is this potentially gill flukes?

Attachments

• 20201001_204547.jpg
    20201001_204547.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201001_204543.jpg
    20201001_204543.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 27

Shrimp42

It sounds more like internal parasites to me, but it may be both. PraziPro apparently treats flukes and is a decent medicine for internal worms

Upvote 0

michaelsf90

I'm very reluctant to treat as I have corys and snails in the tank and usually any meds will kill inverts and potentially Cory's with them being scale less. I have given a previous danio that died a salt bath but it still passed a few weeks later

Upvote 0

Shrimp42

I'm very reluctant to treat as I have corys and snails in the tank and usually any meds will kill inverts and potentially Cory's with them being scale less. I have given a previous danio that died a salt bath but it still passed a few weeks later
Prazipro is completely safe with inverts. I have used it several times with nerite snails, ramshorn snails, red cherry shrimp, and Amano shrimp.

Upvote 0

michaelsf90

I dont think they sell it in the UK. The alternatives seem to be hard on inverts and scaleless fish and I dont fancy taking that risk

Upvote 0

Shrimp42

I dont think they sell it in the UK. The alternatives seem to be hard on inverts and scaleless fish and I dont fancy taking that risk
I dont live in the UK so I can't help you with meds unfortunately.

Upvote 0

michaelsf90

Thank you anyway my friend

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
Mandy627
Replies