Anybody using "Mac's" grape driftwood for their pleco?

  • Thread starter

1hawaii50

Valued Member
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
2 years
I was at PetSmart today, and I found a small package of "Mac's" grape driftwood. It is packaged for use in a reptile tank, but it doesn't say if you can/can't use it in an aquarium. I asked the salesclerk, and they had no clue. I have a rubbernose/bulldog pleco, and I wanted to get some driftwood for him. If I boil this all day long, do you think it would be safe to use. The package just says that it is heat treated, and a product of the USA.
 
  • Thread starter

1hawaii50

Valued Member
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
2 years
Lucy said:
Thanks Lucy, I did search, and was able to find those threads. Since they are kind of conflicting, I just wondered if anybody had anything else to add.
 
  • Moderator

Lucy

Moderator
Messages
45,206
Reaction score
2,426
Points
1,383
Experience
5 to 10 years
1hawaii50 said:
Thanks Lucy, I did search, and was able to find those threads. Since they are kind of conflicting, I just wondered if anybody had anything else to add.
Hope so. It comes in such interesting shapes and would look great, if safe.
 
  • Thread starter

1hawaii50

Valued Member
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
2 years
Lucy said:
Hope so. It comes in such interesting shapes and would look great, if safe.
I just wanted a small piece for my pleco. I got 4 small pieces in a bag at PetSmart. I can get some mopani driftwood at my local LFS, but they only have larger pieces for about $20.
 

Psychlist1972

Valued Member
Messages
223
Reaction score
2
Points
103
Experience
1 year
Old thread, but curious how this worked out. The grape is just sun-dried, not really driftwood IIRC. Won't it get all punky and rot in the tank?

Did you try any? How is it doing?
 
  • Thread starter

1hawaii50

Valued Member
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
2 years
Psychlist1972 said:
Old thread, but curious how this worked out. The grape is just sun-dried, not really driftwood IIRC. Won't it get all punky and rot in the tank?

Did you try any? How is it doing?
I ended up returning it, so I don't know.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom