Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Has anybody used this filter

thanks

Fish Ace

Reaction score
Yes this filter is a very good fillter, i use is in my 280 gallon tank it lets you keep fish from the picific ocean. If i was you i will get it!!!! ;D ;D ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Um it's for a 5 gallon tank, how can you use that on a 280 gallon tank ???

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have not used it but Hagen makes very good products.

It could be that they use the same type of filter in a bigger size.

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I agree that Hagen makes good products. I have 2 heaters by Hagen and a filter by Hagen (yet another filter by Hagen will be delivered to me on Monday as well). I've been using all of these Hagen products for 2.5 - 3 years now, and not a problem so far. The heaters distribute the heat extremely well and evenly, and they keep the temperature very stable. The only downside is that they're glass heaters so if you're not careful you can break them easily. For this reason, I ordered Visi-Therm Stelaths for my next tank (they're not glass). I hope they'll be as good as Hagen filters are, in terms of temperature distribution and its stability. As for the filters (I've Aqua Clear) ... they're PERFECT. No bypass of water, large, sturdy, and durable filter media, and great water flow.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes I love hagen products too, all their air equipment and filter I'v used only A+ about them . their biggest model is only 137gph so I was wondering a little. I have no doubt it will be good, i'm more worried about the water flow because I don't want a strong current in my 5.5 gallon for spikey and for the plants. I'm debating between this and the red sea nano filter, I might go with the red sea nano as it has adjustable flow and I have a light fish load the underfiltering won't be a problem.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom