Anybody Know What This Is On My Betta Fish's Belly?

1. M

Molly Smith Initiate Member

My Betta fish has had white spot before and is still swimming around the tank with his normal energy. However, he's been bloated for about a month now and his belly has turned silver with this white stuff protruding from his anus? He still eats properly but i haven't seen much fecle matter in the tank?

I have already done an extended treatment of esha 2000 but it doenst seem to have made a difference. The tank has regular water changes and tested at nitrates 20ppm and nitrites at 0ppm.

Attached Files:

2. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

Could be an internal parasite. Let us know if the feces is white and stringy. If it is, then it's highly likely that it's an internal parasite. : ( We can then follow up for you some appropriate remedial procedures...I just dealt with some really really bad internal parasites in one of my tanks, and beat 'em in only 3-4 days. : ) You can too. Keep us closely posted with plenty of details please.

3. OP
    OP
    M

Molly Smith Initiate Member

Thank you for replying! Did you experience similar symptoms in your tank? He's been like this for a good month or so but I've been attributing it to constipation as I made the mistake of underestimating his appetite?