Anybody know if this fixture needs legs??????????????

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
does this fixture need legs or do you stick it on a normal standard hood? Also if I get that, the 30" one over a 29 gallon giving me little over 2wpg according to plantgeek what plants could I get up to with light requirements, would it be medium, medium high, or high. I don't know if I'll have co2, if I can find it maybe, but could somebody please tell me because I'm trying to figure out up to which level I can get the plants for my tank if I use that fixture so I can bring a list with me tomorow to some far away lfs's so I know what plants to get.

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

atm

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you won't have a cover over your tank, you'll need legs with it (just order Coralife legs for this Coralife fixture). If you have a cover, you don't need the legs. Now, your tank is 29 gallons and this fixture is 65W, so that gives you approximately 2.25 wpg of light (2.24 to be exact). I can't guarantee you that this will not be too much light, so maybe ask on Plant Geek again. I personally am not getting more than 2.0 wpg for my 75 gallon tank (I'll have 1.73 wpg).

obusweetT

Reaction score
I have the exact same fixture on my 20 gallon. I have a hood but found that the light got fairly hot during the day so I made some makeship legs by taping about 9 pennies together. This lifts it up just enough to get a little airflow underneath and keeps my temp from fluctuating.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, maybe use the legs, just in case. You don't want your tank top / glass top to overheat and possibly crack.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom