Anybody have one?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
In my parents house. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
Has anybody here ever had a clown pleco? I just purchased one while at the store for a kH/gH tester and water conditioner. It was going for 75% off (good deal since they are usually about $20CDN and also wild caught(manager said they had been there for a few months and they need the tank for some other fish)). What is different for caring for a clown pleco then caring for a BN?
Tom

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't. I looked for one the other day, it would have been my first choice. My pet store didn't have any. Neither did they have the Queen Arab...something or a zebra. So I settled for the good ol BN. For my next tank (37 gal), I am going to go to a better fish store and look for either that or a snowball.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
There's probably not a lot of difference in taking care of a clown pleco than a bristlenose. Since the common name of your fish can be more than 1 L number, you need to go to planet catfish and identify the one you have, and then read up on it. It may require some driftwood in its diet to stay healthy.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tom both your links are the same Your bristlenose is the same kind I'm breeding at the moment. The are very good fish. Heres some links for Clown Plecs

carol

PrayforMojo

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cool,cool pics. I am interested if anyone knows how long they grow to?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The information at the bottom of the page of pics says 3.9 inch
Carol

New Threads