Anybody Have A Shallow Aquascaped Tank?

1. l

lol Valued Member Member

I'm interested in setting up a new tank that is large (4-6ft long) but is more shallow than usual. I want to make it look good because it'd be going in a room where it will be seen often.

I have some ideas of how to achieve a good looking shallow tank, such as having rocks and plants that go above the surface of the water.

I'm interested in seeing whether anyone else has an aquascaped tank that is more shallow than typical tank dimensions. If you do, please post pictures!

2. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Watching. I have a 20 gallon long that's only 12 inches tall I'm wanting to plant and scape. IMG_20170727_194940178_HDR.jpg

Advertisement

3. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

20 gallon long also at 12" high. Of course with the shell dwellers, I need to leave a lot of open space on the bottom for their shell but I was happy with it. IMG_2188.JPG

4. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

I love those types of tanks! Here's my 33 gal long (it's a 4 foot tank but only about 13 inches high) The (fake) plants in the back stick up out of the water, and the large ornament in the center also sticks out of the water when it's arranged properly: overview.jpg

5. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

20 gal long. Never mind the guppy grass, etc. It is in there in case they have fry :) 20170805_185441.jpg

Advertisement