Any way to heat a 1.5 gallon tank safely?

Worryrock2007
I bought a 1.5 gallon tank for my Betta about a month and a half ago. I have read that you can't heat a tank that small without killing the fish, is this true?

sirdarksol
Many people have had bad experiences with the smaller heaters. I'm not sure one way or another about them.
The best way to heat such a small tank would be to keep the room the tank is at the proper temp. Unfortunately, this is usually difficult.

TheEssigs
I don't know if this will answer your question or not, but I bought a 2.5 gallon eclipse tank, and found that just having the light on made the water soooo warm you don't need a heater. It actually read 85 degrees one day. I now limit the amout of time the light is on in order to keep the fish at a comfortable temp.

Worryrock2007
thanks for the advice

Worryrock2007
Many people have had bad experiences with the smaller heaters. I'm not sure one way or another about them.
The best way to heat such a small tank would be to keep the room the tank is at the proper temp. Unfortunately, this is usually difficult.
Yeah, that's what I have read.

Alia1074
I also have a small tank and was thinking of getting a heater for it. However, most of the heaters I've seen in the store are too big for the tank. I was thinking of using a light for heat but I don't know how well that will really work.

Worryrock2007
jsalemi
Something like this might work for you:

sgould
I wonder if you could set it on a heating pad, like you would use for sore muscles, and keep it on a low setting? Never tried it...just brainstorming.

sirdarksol
Those things aren't made to run constantly.

Wondering, though, if you could use a reptile's heating rock near the tank, or perhaps a reptile's heat lamp. It can't be a normal light, because the fish need a "night" cycle, but a heat lamp might work.
However, this will require a lot of "monkeying" until you find out exactly where the lamp/rock needs to go.

Worryrock2007
Something like this might work for you:

looks like it might, but my tank is not 2 gallons, its only 1.5.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Cameron2585
Replies
Views
JB92668
Replies
Views
GEM8820
Replies