Any Tips On Where To Get Good Price Seachem Ferts?

Revterry
I'm looking to buy 2l bottles. Mostly looking on Amazon any other good places?

Thunder_o_b
I get mine mostly from

Revterry
Thank you.

Thunder_o_b
I use Flourish (switching to Flourish Advanced when this bottle runs out) Flourish Excel, Flourish Iron, starting Flourish Potassium soon. And I use Flourish root tabs.

Revterry
Think I'm going advanced this time. Thank you big als will be great. I use excel flourish and root tabs.

Thunder_o_b
I have used Big Al's for years. They do not carry some of the things I want (Marineland filters) but they are good to deal with.

-Mak-
I use Flourish (switching to Flourish Advanced when this bottle runs out) Flourish Excel, Flourish Iron, starting Flourish Potassium soon. And I use Flourish root tabs.
Flourish advance isn’t really a fert though, it functions like growth hormones. Unless you’re talking about something else?

Thunder_o_b
Flourish advance isn’t really a feet though, it functions like growth hormones. Unless you’re talking about something else?

No it is the one. So it is not an upgrade from flourish? If not then I may use both or just stick with plain old Flourish.

I will need to research this more it seems

Mike1995
there's a place I go to as well as order stuff online, called that fish place. They have everything among everything fish and aquarium related. Place is huge. So maybe try them.

Revterry
Ok I'll check it out.
And I will also look into advanced.

-Mak-
No it is the one. So it is not an upgrade from flourish? If not then I may use both or just stick with plain old Flourish.

I will need to research this more it seems
Ah no it’s not, it doesn’t contain the usual macros and micros. Flourish is really low on several macros, but it is a fert.

Revterry
Ok good to know.

danhutchins
I'm looking to buy 2l bottles. Mostly looking on Amazon any other good places?
I would go with thrive. It's an all in one and is much better and cheaper than everything you would need from others. It's more concentrated so really lasts a while as well. I paid about $27 on Amazon for a pretty good size bottle and have been using it for about 3 months and I'm just under half a bottle.

Revterry
Thank you will try thrive in a few months

Ioana Dog
I get mine on amazon

Hunter1
Can’t remember micros, macros. I do know actually.

Flourish contains micros, Thrive contains macros. I dose Flourish one day, Thrive the next. Both with Excel and the third day only Excel.

Ioana Dog
How do you use thrive? I looked at the bottle and it recommended water changes and I wasn’t sure what to do with it

Ioana Dog
How do you use thrive? I looked at the bottle and it recommended water changes and I wasn’t sure what to do with it

-Mak-
You dose with the pump, and the % water change at the end of the week depends on which dosing level you use.

Hunter1
Can’t remember micros, macros. I do know actually.

Flourish contains micros, Thrive contains macros. I dose Flourish one day, Thrive the next. Both with Excel and the third day only Excel.

Have to correct myself. Thrive has both!

I’ve been using SeaChem Flourish and Trace. Plus Excel.

I just received my NilocG aquatics order of micros and macros. First day will be tomorrow.

BUT after reading about Thrive, I ordered 3 bottles; 1 for my rental with 6 tanks, one for office tank and one for my home with my wife’s 48. Just seems too simple.

I’ll use my SeaChem products and NilocG micros and macros at my rental while having the wife use Thrive on her 48 and I’ll use Thrive on the office tank.

Then judge which is better.

Gypsy13
Have to correct myself. Thrive has both!

I’ve been using SeaChem Flourish and Trace. Plus Excel.

I just received my NilocG aquatics order of micros and macros. First day will be tomorrow.

BUT after reading about Thrive, I ordered 3 bottles; 1 for my rental with 6 tanks, one for office tank and one for my home with my wife’s 48. Just seems too simple.

I’ll use my SeaChem products and NilocG micros and macros at my rental while having the wife use Thrive on her 48 and I’ll use Thrive on the office tank.

Then judge which is better.

Let us all know please.

Hunter1
Let us all know please.

I will.

Give me a few weeks. I will be gone for 3 days this week on business, then the weekend so next week will be the first week I can start a good dosing routine.

Gypsy13
I will.

Give me a few weeks. I will be gone for 3 days this week on business, then the weekend so next week will be the first week I can start a good dosing routine.

Are you allowed to just go away like that? You are taking us with, right?

Hunter1
I hate leaving my tanks!

But I have spent 4 Tuesday-Thursday on the road already this year. Plus I leave to go home of Friday and return on Sunday evening.

My fish take care of themselves

Only loss since January 1 is a sterbia Cory I lost last week. Starvation? I feed brine shrimp heavily couple times a week so some get to the bottom and drop sinking shrimp pellets in after lights out most nights.

The other corys in that tank are doing real good tonight.

I did WCs on 5 tanks when I got here this evening. My guppy rearing tanks were over 40 ppm nitrates.

Gypsy13
I hate leaving my tanks!

But I have spent 4 Tuesday-Thursday on the road already this year. Plus I leave to go home of Friday and return on Sunday evening.

My fish take care of themselves

Only loss since January 1 is a sterbia Cory I lost last week. Starvation? I feed brine shrimp heavily couple times a week so some get to the bottom and drop sinking shrimp pellets in after lights out most nights.

The other corys in that tank are doing real good tonight.

I did WCs on 5 tanks when I got here this evening. My guppy rearing tanks were over 40 ppm nitrates.

I know it’s hard to leave them. Life demands so much. So sorry about the lil Cory. I thought I lost a Cory. The little one. It was scrounging behind the sponge filter. And during my PWC last night hubby found a teeny tiny bb guppy. Oh my!
Those nitrates! Annoying right?

Hunter1
I know it’s hard to leave them. Life demands so much. So sorry about the lil Cory. I thought I lost a Cory. The little one. It was scrounging behind the sponge filter. And during my PWC last night hubby found a teeny tiny bb guppy. Oh my!
Those nitrates! Annoying right?

Funny you mentioned baby guppy. I had 4 pregnant guppies in my community. I caught 5-6 fry that were hiding above the hornwort. Couple of days later, 5-6 more transferred to the rearing tank. So first to had delivered.

Then I moved the last 2 pregnant ones to the rearing tank. 1 had about 50 fry and she got moved back and is doing good. The last, huge, yellow female has been acting like she’s giving birth for 3-4 days. She’ll either have a ton, or die.

So I was feeding my community this evening and saw a baby guppy darting around. It was from one of the first 2 hatches,I missed it and it survived. This with 2 platys, 2 mollies, 2 honey gouramis and 5 guppies preying on it. Tough, smart lil guy.

Gypsy13
Funny you mentioned baby guppy. I had 4 pregnant guppies in my community. I caught 5-6 fry that were hiding above the hornwort. Couple of days later, 5-6 more transferred to the rearing tank. So first to had delivered.

Then I moved the last 2 pregnant ones to the rearing tank. 1 had about 50 fry and she got moved back and is doing good. The last, huge, yellow female has been acting like she’s giving birth for 3-4 days. She’ll either have a ton, or die.

So I was feeding my community this evening and saw a baby guppy darting around. It was from one of the first 2 hatches,I missed it and it survived. This with 2 platys, 2 mollies, 2 honey gouramis and 5 guppies preying on it. Tough, smart lil guy.

When I didn’t have my danios in my tank, my guppy population exploded. The guppies and WCMM had zero interest in fry. Never go without my danios again! Lol
Good luck with your new bbs!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
acjag
Replies
Views
KeeperOfASilentWorld
Replies
Views
Hsunami
  • Question