Any thoughts on scaping this tank

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Specs are fluval 3.0 planted medium to low end high light environment. Ada Amazonia light and dosing thrive ferts. Species. Rotala indica regular and colorata, telanthra, pogostemon erectus, ambuilia sess..., hydrocotyle “Japan”, amazon sword, and bronze crypt wenditii. I’m trimming and replanting the pearl weed carpet letting the hydrocotyle grow in a bush and trimming back when it tried to choke out the stem. I feel like I should replace the crypt and pogostemon erectus. No co2 so make some suggestions

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMO, all that's missing are appropriately sized rocks stacked in a pile, along with a few small random stones scattered about.

OP
jacob thompson

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A201 said:
IMO, all that's missing are appropriately sized rocks stacked in a pile, along with a few small random stones scattered about.
I’ve never scaped with rocks. I’m mostly a driftwood aquascaper so not sure what would compliment the colors of the plant and driftwood. Would you just encase the driftwood bass with a few moderately sized rocks?

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like it, will be even better after some growing and propagating. If it were my tank I would attach some sort of moss to the horizontal branch parts of the driftwood.

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The best benifet of scaping with rocks is that they have no roots, and can be arranged anyway imaginable.
Here's a rock scape I created in a 29 gal. Tank. Just sort of randomly leaned & stacked the rocks against the driftwood.
20200330_170151.jpg

OP
jacob thompson

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A201 said:
The best benifet of scaping with rocks is that they have no roots, and can be arranged anyway imaginable.
Here's a rock scape I created in a 29 gal. Tank. Just sort of randomly leaned & stacked the rocks against the driftwood.
20200330_170151.jpg
Very nice. My end goal as a aquascaper is pulling off an iwagumI scape. But I need to familiarize myself with regular scaping. Already have grown a full high tech Carpet but not familiar with rock scaping. Love your tank by the way!

New Threads