Any support for my silliness?

~Fanci~

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello out there, I feel silly posting this. Some of you will read this and think it's ridiculous, some of you will probably be completely understanding...I started fish keeping with 2 Mollies and a pleco in a 10gallon in Nov. She immediately had babies and I have raised 5 to adulthood. A newer 40gallon tank currently houses a good sized pleco, 4 yoyo loaches, 2 SAE's, 4 black neon tetras and 6 Mollies (3 of which I think are some kind of hybrid because they're huge). Anyways, it's a busy tank and I have been treating some outbreaks of pop eye which makes me think there are too many fish, too much bacteria, etcetc, so I am going to take 4 of the Mollies to my lfs this wknd and lighten the tank load *sigh*. Maybe it's because this has been my first time raising baby fish, but I do adore em' and am feeling a little sad about this! Originally the plan was to raise them for an experience, and then just give them to the lfs but I've been putting it off. They're beautiful Mollies...I guess this just means that we can bond with all kinds of animals, even fish! Anyone else out there been through this fish giveaway funk?

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not silly at all! I gave away my danios, but I was happy to get rid of them. (There, I edited myself so the mods wouldn't have to. )

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not silly at all. I think many of us feel the same about certain fish

LICfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Definitely not silly at all. Despite my boyfriend wanting to make our 50 gallon a semi-aggressive tank, I couldn't bear to give away my 3 little community fish, so I just turned it into a peaceful community aquarium.

Karl R

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not silly at all. You raised them and spent time takeing care of them. Ofcourse you are gonna get attached to them! Just look at em all swimmy n cute. How could ya not love em.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I'm very attached to my fish. They're part of my family just like my dogs and cats. I'm also very protective of them. "Don't bang on the glass and keep your finger prints to yourself!" LOL
I understand how your feel

Ken

~Fanci~

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks guys...well, the dirty deed was done today. Hoping to feel better here in the next few days, but the 2 Mollies I still have (mom and 1 kid) aren't helping. I just came home and they were both lying at the bottom of the tank, something they've never done before. I coaxed them up with a few bloodworms (figured they deserved it!), but I think it's gonna be a few days before they stop looking so lost. All of my Mollies have schooled together from their birth so going from that to only 2 must be rough on them. Ken, I too think of my tank similiar to how I do the cat and dog...thanks for sharing that so I know I'm not the only one! *sigh* It will just be feeling a little empty for the next few days I guess...thanks again all for stopping in and sharing your thoughts

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
~Fanci~ said:
Hello out there, I feel silly posting this. Some of you will read this and think it's ridiculous, some of you will probably be completely understanding...I started fish keeping with 2 Mollies and a pleco in a 10gallon in Nov. She immediately had babies and I have raised 5 to adulthood. A newer 40gallon tank currently houses a good sized pleco, 4 yoyo loaches, 2 SAE's, 4 black neon tetras and 6 Mollies (3 of which I think are some kind of hybrid because they're huge). Anyways, it's a busy tank and I have been treating some outbreaks of pop eye which makes me think there are too many fish, too much bacteria, etcetc, so I am going to take 4 of the Mollies to my lfs this wknd and lighten the tank load *sigh*. Maybe it's because this has been my first time raising baby fish, but I do adore em' and am feeling a little sad about this! Originally the plan was to raise them for an experience, and then just give them to the lfs but I've been putting it off. They're beautiful Mollies...I guess this just means that we can bond with all kinds of animals, even fish! Anyone else out there been through this fish giveaway funk?
The only thing I find silly is switching to textspeak for one word

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Jaysee said:
The only thing I find silly is switching to textspeak for one word

~Fanci~

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hard to break old habits sometimes

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fanci, I think you should translate your entire post to textspeak, just for Jaysee.

new_sw_gurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't think you're being silly at all. I think that I would find myself looking for another tank before I could bear to part with my fishies.

angel_scout

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't think its silly at all.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Meenu said:
Fanci, I think you should translate your entire post to textspeak, just for Jaysee.
That's one way to get rid of me

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Jaysee said:
That's one way to get rid of me
THAT's all it would take? I shld hv done ths a lng time ago.

~Fanci~

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The hilarity of translating my entire post to text speak would probably lose it's charm halfway through. Right about when I'd begin ****ing myself for trying to be a comedian! Haha. New_sw_girl, I'm pretty sure after this little heart break that I won't be parting with any of my fish in the future...I don't recommend it!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads