5 Gallon Tank Any suggestions

Chewbroccoli

Hi Guys,

I decided to get back into the fish hobby after a 7 year break away (mainly due to cost and being time poor due to work commitments). I purchased a house recently and wanted to add a small tank. I ended up going with a 5 gallon as it can easily fit in my book shelf and won't cost me an arm. I also wanted to do a nice little aquascape and could throw everything at it in terms of top of the line products as it was small and I could keep the costs low.

In hindsight I should have went with a 10 gallon as I am not slightly cornered in terms of stock choices.

I was hoping for some blue Shrimp and a statement fish. I would have loved a single Pea Puffer however in Australia they are super expensive (almost the cost of the tank setup) as they can't be imported. So I'm now thinking about stocking choices. I am about 2 weeks away from looking around. Shrimp are easy to find here so that's not an issue. I'm not really interested in Endlers or Guppies.

I am feeling Betta is my only real choice in terms of a single statement fish but the tank does not have a lid (I'm concerned about the jumping).

Any suggestions for a nano tank would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210919_095843.jpg
    20210919_095843.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 12

MacZ

Dario dario. Only fish I can think of and I would still find the tank too small.
Instead I would get into inverts.

otterblue

That's a great looking tank!

Tup

You could put Bettas maybe

Hellfishguy

3 or 4 Threadfin Rainbows or Pseudomugil gertrudae.

Chewbroccoli

That's a great looking tank!
Thanks! It's only just started so needs a few months to grow in and then we shall see :)

MasterPython

You need a lid for any fish unless you leave the water rather low. It can be a sheet of clear plastic cut to fit.

If you could find a pair of killifish that would be a palace for them. Definitely a betta.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies
Views
TClare
Replies