Any Spider Keepers?

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Messages
3,862
Reaction score
2,765
Points
208
Themaniac19 said:
I'm just wondering if there are any other eight legged afficionados out there.
I keep big wolf spiders when I find them. I'm not allowed to keep tarantulas, though.

What kind(s) do you have?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4

Themaniac19

Valued Member
Messages
299
Reaction score
45
Points
63
Bruxes and Bubbles said:
I keep big wolf spiders when I find them. I'm not allowed to keep tarantulas, though.

What kind(s) do you have?
Brachypelma boehmei 1.0.0
Brachypelma albopilosum 0.0.1
Brachypelma smithi 0.0.1
Brachypelma sabulosum 0.0.1
Brachypelma albiceps 0.0.1 suspect female
Brachypelma verdezi 0.0.1
Brachypelma vagans 0.0.2
Ami sp. Columbia 0.0.1
Aphonopelma seemanni 0.1.0
Avicularia cf. avicularia 0.1.0
Chilobrachys dyscolus "blue" 0.0.1
Chilobrachys sp. Saraburi 0.0.1
Chilobrachys sp. Penang 0.0.1
Lasiodora parahybana 0.1.2
Lasiodora difficilis 0.0.1
Ornithoctoninae sp. Hatihati 0.0.2
Pslamopoeus pulcher 0.0.1
Psalmopoeus irminia 0.0.1
Psalmopoeus cambridgei 0.0.2
Tapinauchenius gigas 0.0.1
Tapinauchenius elenae 0.0.1
Haplocosmia himalayana 0.0.2
Omothymus violaceopes 0.0.1
Lampropelma sp. Borneo "Black" 0.0.1
Neoholothele incei 0.0.1 suspect female
Neoholothele incei "gold" 0.0.1
Hysterocrates gigas 0.1.0
Hysterocrates sp. Nigeria 0.0.1
Hysterocrates sp. Cameroon 0.0.1
Poecilotheria rufilata 0.0.1
Poecilotheria ornata 0.0.1
Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica 0.1.0
Poeciotheria regalis 0.1.0
Poecilotheria sp. Bara 0.0.1
Selenocosmia obscura 0.0.1
Nhandu chromatus 0.0.2
Acanthoscurria ferina 0.0.1
Acanthoscurria geniculata 0.0.1
Pamphobeteus sp. Machalla 0.0.1
Pterinochilus murinus 1.0.0
Pterinopelma sazimai 0.0.1
Harpactira dictator 1.0.0
Ephebopus murinus 0.0.1
Ephebopus rufescens 0.0.1
Haplopus sp. Columbia "Large" 0.2.0
Haplopelma vonwirthi 0.1.0
Grammostola porteri 0.0.3 suspect females
Sericopelma sp. Panama/Venezuala 0.0.1
Nhandu tripepii 0.0.1 suspect female
Xenethis immanis 0.0.1 suspect female
Thrixopelma ockerti 0.1.0
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 0.0.1
Heterothele villosella 1.0.0
Euathlus sp. "Red" 0.0.1
Ceratogyrus meridionalis 0.0.1
Ceratogyrus darlingi 0.0.1 suspect female
Pelinobius muticus 0.0.2
Haplocosmia nepalensis 0.0.1 suspect female
Davus pentaloris 0.0.1
Phormictopus cancerides 0.0.1 suspect female
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis 0.0.1
Grammostola pulchra 0.0.1
Grammostola pulchripes 0.0.1 suspect male

The Pamphobeteus sp. Machalla just molted and isn't doing so well, so I might not have her in a few days.
 

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Messages
3,862
Reaction score
2,765
Points
208
Themaniac19 said:
Brachypelma boehmei 1.0.0
Brachypelma albopilosum 0.0.1
Brachypelma smithi 0.0.1
Brachypelma sabulosum 0.0.1
Brachypelma albiceps 0.0.1 suspect female
Brachypelma verdezi 0.0.1
Brachypelma vagans 0.0.2
Ami sp. Columbia 0.0.1
Aphonopelma seemanni 0.1.0
Avicularia cf. avicularia 0.1.0
Chilobrachys dyscolus "blue" 0.0.1
Chilobrachys sp. Saraburi 0.0.1
Chilobrachys sp. Penang 0.0.1
Lasiodora parahybana 0.1.2
Lasiodora difficilis 0.0.1
Ornithoctoninae sp. Hatihati 0.0.2
Pslamopoeus pulcher 0.0.1
Psalmopoeus irminia 0.0.1
Psalmopoeus cambridgei 0.0.2
Tapinauchenius gigas 0.0.1
Tapinauchenius elenae 0.0.1
Haplocosmia himalayana 0.0.2
Omothymus violaceopes 0.0.1
Lampropelma sp. Borneo "Black" 0.0.1
Neoholothele incei 0.0.1 suspect female
Neoholothele incei "gold" 0.0.1
Hysterocrates gigas 0.1.0
Hysterocrates sp. Nigeria 0.0.1
Hysterocrates sp. Cameroon 0.0.1
Poecilotheria rufilata 0.0.1
Poecilotheria ornata 0.0.1
Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica 0.1.0
Poeciotheria regalis 0.1.0
Poecilotheria sp. Bara 0.0.1
Selenocosmia obscura 0.0.1
Nhandu chromatus 0.0.2
Acanthoscurria ferina 0.0.1
Acanthoscurria geniculata 0.0.1
Pamphobeteus sp. Machalla 0.0.1
Pterinochilus murinus 1.0.0
Pterinopelma sazimai 0.0.1
Harpactira dictator 1.0.0
Ephebopus murinus 0.0.1
Ephebopus rufescens 0.0.1
Haplopus sp. Columbia "Large" 0.2.0
Haplopelma vonwirthi 0.1.0
Grammostola porteri 0.0.3 suspect females
Sericopelma sp. Panama/Venezuala 0.0.1
Nhandu tripepii 0.0.1 suspect female
Xenethis immanis 0.0.1 suspect female
Thrixopelma ockerti 0.1.0
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 0.0.1
Heterothele villosella 1.0.0
Euathlus sp. "Red" 0.0.1
Ceratogyrus meridionalis 0.0.1
Ceratogyrus darlingi 0.0.1 suspect female
Pelinobius muticus 0.0.2
Haplocosmia nepalensis 0.0.1 suspect female
Davus pentaloris 0.0.1
Phormictopus cancerides 0.0.1 suspect female
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis 0.0.1
Grammostola pulchra 0.0.1
Grammostola pulchripes 0.0.1 suspect male

The Pamphobeteus sp. Machalla just molted and isn't doing so well, so I might not have her in a few days.

Wow! That's a lot!
I hope that your female pulls through!
 

Briggs

Well Known Member
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
745
Points
158
Experience
3 years
Do the huge orb weavers that hang out outside my windows count? I've been known to name them from time to time.
 

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,025
Reaction score
2,926
Points
363
Experience
More than 10 years
Briggs said:
Do the huge orb weavers that hang out outside my windows count? I've been known to name them from time to time.
Of course it does! I once blocked off my front door with crime scene tape because the most beautiful web had been constructed between my two front pillars. (The kids did NOT appreciate having to walk to the back yard and come in the patio door. They couldn't wait for the next wind storm. lol
 

Punkin

Well Known Member
Messages
3,155
Reaction score
2,520
Points
308
Experience
More than 10 years
Bruxes and Bubbles said:
I keep big wolf spiders when I find them
Omg you can come to my house and remove them from my garage this summer! Yeesh!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9

Themaniac19

Valued Member
Messages
299
Reaction score
45
Points
63
Bruxes and Bubbles said:
Wow! That's a lot!
I hope that your female pulls through!
It's a lot, but definitely worth it! I hope she does too. I also hope she's a male since they have a gorgeous light purple-pink on them.
 

Punkin

Well Known Member
Messages
3,155
Reaction score
2,520
Points
308
Experience
More than 10 years
Themaniac19 said:
It's a lot, but definitely worth it! I hope she does too. I also hope she's a male since they have a gorgeous light purple-pink on them.
Um... are they all in your house?
 

Briggs

Well Known Member
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
745
Points
158
Experience
3 years
KimberlyG said:
Of course it does! I once blocked off my front door with crime scene tape because the most beautiful web had been constructed between my two front pillars. (The kids did NOT appreciate having to walk to the back yard and come in the patio door. They couldn't wait for the next wind storm. lol
You could even argue that I feed them by leaving some lights on! The only person who's been upset by my live and let live attitude towards spiders is the terminx guy, who really wants me to pay him to knock them all down whenever he does an inspection. I think I smell a conspiracy there, though, since the spiders are probably doing more pest control than he is! XD
 

Punkin

Well Known Member
Messages
3,155
Reaction score
2,520
Points
308
Experience
More than 10 years
KimberlyG said:
Mongolia Ohio
Still far enough! Ha ha.
Don't get me wrong, I will always catch a spider and let him outside if it's in my house. But I'd just rather them stay out altogether! :emoji_spider:
 

The Crayfish King

Well Known Member
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
557
Points
208
Experience
3 years
Just recently, I caught a little jumping spider and put it in an enclosure that used to have a mantis in it. I've been feeding it gnats that I find on the window screens. Lol I wish I could get a picture of him, but he's so small...
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom