Any Shrimp That Don't Require A Heater?

ElAhrairah

Reaction score
I love shrimp and think they're so fun to watch! But I'm wondering if there's any that don't require a heater?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Most shrimp have a reasonable range of temperature, but if your house is above 72, you should be just fine without a heater.
Just be sure the measure the current water temperature.

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

xloe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would say the answer to this question is highly dependent on the normal temp of your house. Some people's houses get considerably colder/warmer than others depending on the season/personal preferences.

ElAhrairah

Reaction score
xloe said:
I would say the answer to this question is highly dependent on the normal temp of your house. Some people's houses get considerably colder/warmer than others depending on the season/personal preferences.
My house is usually 67-72 degrees Fahrenheit, barring any power outages during storms of course.

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ElAhrairah said:
My house is usually 67-72 degrees Fahrenheit, barring any power outages during storms of course.
RCS can live in those temps just fine. I keep mine without a heater. Tried heating the tank, but they got sluggish.

fishaholic87

Valued Member
Reaction score
ive raised at least three generation of carbon rili shrimp in 68-70 degree water

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom