Any Problems With My Stocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chado

Reaction score
Here's my opinion...take it for what it's worth!
Skip the rainbow shark and do a group of cories. Skip the gouramis and find another dwarf cichlid pair.
And I would do the "or more" cardinal tetras!! Schooling tetras are my favorite fish in my tank.
Are you going for a planted tank? What kind of decorations are you planning on?

vikingkirken

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The rainbow shark needs cooler temps than the GBRs and angels. A gourami would be fine. Just get one unless you can find a female or two to go along with a single male.

I agree with chado, get more cardinals! You can have a bunch more in that stocking plan! You could also do the group of cories

OP
wapooshe

wapooshe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Here's my opinion...take it for what it's worth!
Skip the rainbow shark and do a group of cories. Skip the gouramis and find another dwarf cichlid pair.
And I would do the "or more" cardinal tetras!! Schooling tetras are my favorite fish in my tank.
Are you going for a planted tank? What kind of decorations are you planning on?
I don't plan on going planted, even though I have a freshwater tank I have a saltwater look
Personally, I don't like cories as they don't really have much color. Also wouldn't really like Dwarf cichlid cause I'm looking to add another bigger looking fish Dwarfs are kind of small

OP
wapooshe

wapooshe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The rainbow shark needs cooler temps than the GBRs and angels. A gourami would be fine. Just get one unless you can find a female or two to go along with a single male.

I agree with chado, get more cardinals! You can have a bunch more in that stocking plan! You could also do the group of cories
Banded Gouramis are good would you say? Also are Gourami fine being alone?

OP
wapooshe

wapooshe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes, a gourami will be fine alone.

Angels and GBRs would love you for a planted tank... You could add some jungle vals and it would look like giant seagrass
Woah, jungle vals look great! I'll definitely consider adding those to the tank!
edit: just looked up places to buy and can't find them at any chain or LFS ):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom