Any Problems With My Stocking?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by wapooshe, Apr 26, 2017.

1. wapoosheValued MemberMember

2. JakeM2004New MemberMember

I am pretty sure that rainbow sharks are agressive and territorial fish, and shouldn't be kept with that stock, but correct me if this is incorrect.

3. chadoNew MemberMember

Here's my opinion...take it for what it's worth!
    Skip the rainbow shark and do a group of cories. Skip the gouramis and find another dwarf cichlid pair.
    And I would do the "or more" cardinal tetras!! Schooling tetras are my favorite fish in my tank.
    Are you going for a planted tank? What kind of decorations are you planning on?

4. vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

The rainbow shark needs cooler temps than the GBRs and angels. A gourami would be fine. Just get one unless you can find a female or two to go along with a single male.

I agree with chado, get more cardinals! You can have a bunch more in that stocking plan! You could also do the group of cories :)

5. wapoosheValued MemberMember

I don't plan on going planted, even though I have a freshwater tank I have a saltwater look :p
    Personally, I don't like cories as they don't really have much color. Also wouldn't really like Dwarf cichlid cause I'm looking to add another bigger looking fish Dwarfs are kind of small :)

6. wapoosheValued MemberMember

Banded Gouramis are good would you say? Also are Gourami fine being alone?

7. vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

Yes, a gourami will be fine alone.

Angels and GBRs would love you for a planted tank... You could add some jungle vals and it would look like giant seagrass :D

8. wapoosheValued MemberMember

Woah, jungle vals look great! I'll definitely consider adding those to the tank!
    edit: just looked up places to buy and can't find them at any chain or LFS ):

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

They are very commonly available... any fish store that sells plants should have them, or be able to get them.

10. wapoosheValued MemberMember

Alright ill take a drive and see for myself once I can :)

11. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I wouldn't do a rainbow shark, but the banded gouramis would be fine. I would do way more than just 6 cardinals, I'd do 12 minimum in this size tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice