Any possible to have separate cherry shrimps by color in same tank? Preventing dull or cull colors from cross breed?

Petchratn

Reaction score
Any possible to have separate cherry shrimps by color in same tank?

Preventing dull or cull colors from cross breed?
If yes, what type divider you use?
example, I like chocolate cherry shrimps and blue dream velvet? I want to run only one tank with same filter, do you think betta divider or plastic canvas can stop them to go to other side of the tank to crossbreed?

lilirose

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Baby shrimp are pretty tiny. If there are enough holes to allow flow (which will be necessary if you want to just use one filter), you will constantly get baby shrimp in the "wrong" side.

OP
Petchratn

Petchratn

Reaction score
lilirose said:
Baby shrimp are pretty tiny. If there are enough holes to allow flow (which will be necessary if you want to just use one filter), you will constantly get baby shrimp in the "wrong" side.
I kinda wonder if someone diy mesh kind divider also but I wonder if it will allow the water to flow for filtration???

lilirose

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If a divider is coarse enough to allow flow without getting clogged up, it will let baby shrimp through.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you do away with the filter you can put plastic dividers in and put a small sponge in each compartment then run all three off ond air pump

Jack B Nimble

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Use a matten filter in the middle but, some males are persistent and will climb over just about anything.

New Threads