Any PC Gamers?

Jaxsco

I'm about to build my own computer and I was wondering if there were any pc gamers on here. If there is, I'd love some input on my build and to just chat. Here's my build:
CPU: i5-6500
MOBO: AsRock Pro4s z170 mATX
RAM: 1x 8gb Kingston DDR4-2133
GPU: EVGA SC 3gb GTX 1060
PSU: EVGA 500b

Gamer

I recently put together a decent build on a below $1K budget. Don't overclock, but hey, crushes anything on 1080. I am playing Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls and Witcher. I put mine together under advisement from the PCpartspicker forum....very useful place and a great bunch of knowledgeable PC gamers.

Jaxsco

I joined and asked questions and for advice but only one person answered and just once so I left and went to a different forum.

DanioDanny

I joined and asked questions and for advice but only one person answered and just once so I left and went to a different forum.

Perhaps is because you said something unrelated to the forum in which you posted?

DanioDanny

I just bought a new build - I have an nvidia GeForce 1070 graphics card. It's a beast and I would recommend it to anyone.

Inno

I bought a 300 Asus tower and threw a decent graphics card in. Plays SkyrI'm on high very well. I play with a usb controller on my tv so its pretty much like a console.

Jaxsco

Perhaps is because you said something unrelated to the forum in which you posted?
Just saw your response. I was actually talking about the pcpartpicker.com forum. Surprisingly inactive. I posted here just to see if anyone here was into computers.

DanioDanny

I do love a good computer, how else would I research my future fish tanks

adamzam15

Major RTS gamer here!

DanioDanny

Major RTS gamer here!

I just spent 10 solid hours on Civilisation V. That game is like crack, can't stop once you start!

Auroraspet

16gig ram is good min. 1060 is fine. But I'd go i5 or i7. And ya don't over clock unless have heavy cooling.

DanioDanny

16gig ram is good min. 1060 is fine. But I'd go i5 or i7. And ya don't over clock unless have heavy cooling.

I personally think 8GB Ram is fine (works for me, and I can play anything and everything I have tried so far), however I have room to double up if necessary - something to think about as games improve and start to take more toll.

I think I would rather spend more on the graphics card than the RAM (personally), and from my hours of research the 1070 offers massive power per cost, but again, you may have a different preference and again, I have the room to double up if necessary.

IMO, high end i4 is better than low end i5, so again, research which you can afford and buy accordingly.

I do completely agree on overclocking however.

clk89

I've been playing games on PC since I was seven years old. I use to play text adventure games when I first started out, then graduated to point and click adventure games. I play a variety of different genres. Right now I am working on Kings Quest (the new one), and wanting to get Syberia 3 (only took them 13 years to get that one out!) I also play minecraft, sims 2 and 4, child of light, and dragon age.

I am currently saving up to buy parts to also build a computer, since my last computer's mother board decided to stop working. I'm using my husband's computer until then.

Jaxsco

Figured I'd update. I ended up getting a lower end rig than I planned on due to money issues. Still runs games great! Atm I'm addicted to Arma 3 and Cities: Skylines. Anyways, here's the rig:
G4560
Asus B250 Prime
8gb DDR4-2133 HyperX Fury
RX 460 2gb
EVGA 500b

I'm going to try to upgrade my gpu to a 470 or 480 soon. Maybe the 5xx version.

Namtab

And here I am on my laptop
To be fair it is a beast though

Auroraspet

I play games like ark and others. And 8gigs would bog down so fast sadly. Why I suggest 16gig. Personnaly I'd go for 32 but that's bit much. But I also do graphics works.

But found i5 or i7 be best but that's just my experience. I know some they do love the i4. So it's a preference thing I guess like some like amd rigs over rest.

clk89

Figured I'd update. I ended up getting a lower end rig than I planned on due to money issues. Still runs games great! Atm I'm addicted to Arma 3 and Cities: Skylines. Anyways, here's the rig:
G4560
Asus B250 Prime
8gb DDR4-2133 HyperX Fury
RX 460 2gb
EVGA 500b

I'm going to try to upgrade my gpu to a 470 or 480 soon. Maybe the 5xx version.

Not too bad. Skylines is a lot of fun, better then the last sI'm city that basically ended that series.

Auroraspet

The doc is cool also. I have almost all.

adamzam15

I just spent 10 solid hours on Civilisation V. That game is like crack, can't stop once you start!
Haha, yeah its pretty awesome. I quite like Total War

Slug

I'm playing Player Unknown Battlegrounds way to much lately. One of the best games I've ever played probably.

TwoHedWlf

I bought a 1080tI as soon as they were available for pre order. Sooo nice playing everything in 4k at a solid 60hz so far.

Slug

Jealous. I'm running a 980tI but haven't run into anything I can't play at max yet but I will be jumping to Volta as soon as that comes out probably Q1 2018. Would love the 1080tI but I tend to do a hop every other generation of card so I will have to pass the 1080 by. Currently trying to mock up a parts list for a separate streaming PC, want to start streaming some gameplay. Would rather have it in a separate box than my gaming rig. Looking at using AMD Ryzen CPU for that, but tend to always stick with Nvidia GPUs...brand loyal to them.

If interested my current rig:
CPU: Intel 6700k
Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Gene mATX
GPU: EVGA 980ti
RAM: GSkill Ripjaw 16GB DDR4 3200
PSU: EVGA 850W
Case: Corsair Air 240
Storage: 120GB Samsung SSD for Boot Drive, 250GB Samsung SSD for applications, 500GB Samsung SSD for storage/applications, 2TD WD Black for storage.

Oh and I play/work on a 34" Ultrawide curved monitor with another 24" 1080 monitor setup in portrait. Will be integrating my other 24" from my old dual setup soon probably once the streaming setup comes to fruition. Some of the new Ultrawides have 100 or 120hz on them, this is one of the older ones that doesn't but it seems to work well for gaming when supported. Crazy good for production though. Will be looking to move to a 4k main display soon.

Radiator in push/pull is up front on right butting right up against the GPU, this case is crazy small but I love it. Challenge to build in but fun, would be hard for me not to do mATX from here on out given the size and space saved on and around the desk. Really not to fancy looking, I wanted this one to be a bit more subdued and classy looking. The streaming PC will have the fun RGB.

22375992299_a95e23dc09_b.jpgPC1 by Matt, on Flickr

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Zach72202

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom