any one ever.... Question

Discussion in 'Oscars' started by Camacho, Dec 19, 2009.

1. CamachoValued MemberMember

herd of a blueberry oscar? i bought one tonday and it is awsome looking. i was just wondering how it got its colors is it dyed or just a hybrid? and when i put him into my tank the first person who went up to it was my lemon oscar but the lemon oscars tail was shivering any one ever see that befor?

2. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

Blueberry oscars are albino oscars coloured with dye, they look pretty cool but I really disagree with dyeing them :(

EDIT: Just done some more research, apparently they are very weak and sickly and they are lucky to live 6 months, the oldest most people seem to have heard of is 1 year old, apparently they also lose their color with age :(

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  3. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

I did a quick google search.
    It's an albino that has been dyed.

Painted fish

Edit: :;tmnt Ben lol
    I can't vouch for the care info given on the sites I linked to (I don't keep oscars). They're just linked to show what blueberry oscars are.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. OP
    OP
    C

CamachoValued MemberMember

wow this stinks i didnt know that he was dyed ill see if i can return him in the morning wow kinda sad actually

5. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Yeah, it is. It's possible the store doesn't even know how they get that way.

6. OP
    OP
    C

yea cause i asked them like 4 ppl and they all said the same thing that the breeder dont dye them so i was hoping that it was a hybrid of some sort.. i just called them and they said that they wont take him back.

7. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

you dont have room for one...has your tank changed ?

8. OP
    OP
    C

yup it has i have a 40 gal with my 2 jds and the 55 with my 2 oscars and im still looking for a huge tank but havnt found anything good on craigslist yet

9. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

better hurry!! oscars grow super fast in the first few years...my 75g couldnt hold 2 with extra filtration! every other day water changes killed me

10. OP
    OP
    C

yea im starting to get use to it lol ive been doin it so long now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice