Any ideas what this is?

CJLand

I feel I’m not very good at identifying diseases in fish and was wondering what you think is happening to my corydoras. A lot of coloration has disappeared and a white patch has showed up, almost completely circling around their head as well as all the way down there spine. It’s very noticeable on 2 of them, slightly noticeable on 1 and not at all the the other. I have a few pictures below, I’ll answer any questions that help identify the problem. Thank you so much

Attachments

• 251F3820-059C-45AC-9D38-AE161159BD61.jpeg
    251F3820-059C-45AC-9D38-AE161159BD61.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 38821CA2-5E53-45B3-9525-E7E7CD662686.jpeg
    38821CA2-5E53-45B3-9525-E7E7CD662686.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 35B8F88C-7596-418A-9129-87583D02F093.jpeg
    35B8F88C-7596-418A-9129-87583D02F093.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 12
  • D9D83AD8-7A19-48A5-99D2-0DC5C72C7F01.jpeg
    D9D83AD8-7A19-48A5-99D2-0DC5C72C7F01.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 11

Tigerburp

I feel I’m not very good at identifying diseases in fish and was wondering what you think is happening to my corydoras. A lot of coloration has disappeared and a white patch has showed up, almost completely circling around their head as well as all the way down there spine. It’s very noticeable on 2 of them, slightly noticeable on 1 and not at all the the other. I have a few pictures below, I’ll answer any questions that help identify the problem. Thank you so much
It’s is columnaris, does it have a slightly hairy look?

CJLand

It’s is columnaris, does it have a slightly hairy look?
It doesn’t look hairy at all, it’s flat against the body. I was hoping it wasn’t Columnaris. One of the common medications used to treat Columnaris has been discontinued, and others require prescription. So I’m unsure of what to do. They’re in quarantine and have been since I got them about a month and a half ago. After about 3 weeks to a month I thought I noticed signs of ich so I treated for ich. After treating for ich, I noticed all of their fins were deteriorating rather quickly, so I treated Maracyn for fin rot. Both of those were treated and all was well. And now I see this recently. I recently ordered Maracyn 2 since it treats mainly gram negative bacteria’s, and Columnaris is gram negative. I’m really not sure how effective it’ll be, but I don’t know many options. I lowered the temperature as well. I’m hesitant with adding salt, although it shouldn’t hurt all that much as Corys are fine with lower doses for a short time. Any tips on what to do?

Tigerburp

It doesn’t look hairy at all, it’s flat against the body. I was hoping it wasn’t Columnaris. One of the common medications used to treat Columnaris has been discontinued, and others require prescription. So I’m unsure of what to do. They’re in quarantine and have been since I got them about a month and a half ago. After about 3 weeks to a month I thought I noticed signs of ich so I treated for ich. After treating for ich, I noticed all of their fins were deteriorating rather quickly, so I treated Maracyn for fin rot. Both of those were treated and all was well. And now I see this recently. I recently ordered Maracyn 2 since it treats mainly gram negative bacteria’s, and Columnaris is gram negative. I’m really not sure how effective it’ll be, but I don’t know many options. I lowered the temperature as well. I’m hesitant with adding salt, although it shouldn’t hurt all that much as Corys are fine with lower doses for a short time. Any tips on what to do?
This is an example of columnaris,quite similar to yours, and corys can handle salt I use it sometimes , dose about 1 teaspoon per gallon
Is there anything that been bothering them?, because most of those diseases are triggered by stress of some kind, a bigger or aggressive fish?, not enough hiding spots?

CJLand

This is an example of columnaris,quite similar to yours, and corys can handle salt I use it sometimes , dose about 1 teaspoon per gallon

Is there anything that been bothering them?, because most of those diseases are triggered by stress of some kind, a bigger or aggressive fish?, not enough hiding spots?
I’ll try salt, should I even try Maracyn 2? I don’t know other easily available medications that treat mostly gram negative bacteria’s. I see a lot of people say to use Furan-2 and Kanaplex for Columnaris but Furan-2 has been discontinued sadly. And the only thing that could’ve stressed them was just water changes. The last water change I did was about 35% and I had to remove and clean the sponge filters and move the tank around which I know they didn’t exactly like. I’ve had to do WC often when treating for ich and then after treating for bacteria infections. It’s just a 20 gallon quarantine tank and the same tank they’ve been in since I got them. It’s just the 4 Cory cats, nothing aggressive. There’s a coconut hut on the left and a rock cave on the right with 5 plants throughout. So I think it would be enough to keep them content. And the picture definitely look similar. So far they’re all behaving normal still. But I don’t want anything getting worse. How long do you recommend i treat with salt? And should I try Maracyn 2? Thanks so much

Tigerburp

I’ll try salt, should I even try Maracyn 2? I don’t know other easily available medications that treat mostly gram negative bacteria’s. I see a lot of people say to use Furan-2 and Kanaplex for Columnaris but Furan-2 has been discontinued sadly. And the only thing that could’ve stressed them was just water changes. The last water change I did was about 35% and I had to remove and clean the sponge filters and move the tank around which I know they didn’t exactly like. I’ve had to do WC often when treating for ich and then after treating for bacteria infections. It’s just a 20 gallon quarantine tank and the same tank they’ve been in since I got them. It’s just the 4 Cory cats, nothing aggressive. There’s a coconut hut on the left and a rock cave on the right with 5 plants throughout. So I think it would be enough to keep them content. And the picture definitely look similar. So far they’re all behaving normal still. But I don’t want anything getting worse. How long do you recommend i treat with salt? And should I try Maracyn 2? Thanks so much
You can trey with salt from start to end , yes maraclyn or kanaplex will work either one not both, usually columnaris doesn’t affect the behaviour of the fish unless it’s like really bad

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
Replies
Views
Sarahjack99
Replies
Views
Oscars123
Replies
Views