Any ideas on this piece of wood I found?

TexBrolo

Hi all I’m working to set up my 5 gallon beta and going to use live plants but considering making a forest-y looking scape with an AT-AT decoration I found cuz we’ll Star Wars This is the perfect look I’d like as it has the destroyed tree look Anyone have any idea on what type of wood this is and would it be safe? I’m currently boiling it after rinsing with distilled water Appreciate anything thoughts
0019E1CC-F4E0-463A-931C-D58A67B976E5.jpeg
F85A58EA-DA31-434C-8529-852E199D700A.jpeg

TClare

No idea what kind of wood it is but if it is totally dead (which it definitely looks to be), and if it came from somewhere with no pesticides or other possible contaminants, then it should be fine. But if it is very soft and breaks easily it may not be very suitable as it will rot quickly.

Upvote 0

TexBrolo

No idea what kind of wood it is but if it is totally dead (which it definitely looks to be), and if it came from somewhere with no pesticides or other possible contaminants, then it should be fine. But if it is very soft and breaks easily it may not be very suitable as it will rot quickly.
Thanks for the reply. I did another hour long boil as there were still some tannins. Looking at it a few hours later it’s very spongy inside. I take it that isn’t a good sign?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
fishkeepernewbie
Replies
Views
Goldmoon
  • Question