Any Ideas For The Future Of My Tanks?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CatfishGuy, Apr 25, 2018.

1. CatfishGuy

CatfishGuy Well Known Member Member

I like having some type of rough idea of what Im going to do with my aquariums just in case I do an irresponsible water change or make a horrible mistake. These are the tanks I currently have and what fish I have inside (im currently growing a few fish out and they will most likely all be rehomed soon):
    20 gallon long
    - 1 paradise fish
    - 2 brown bristlenose plecos
    - 2 albino bristlenose plecos
    - 3 longfin zebra danios
    - 1 black mystery snail
    10 gallon
    - 3 male fancy guppies
    - 1 female platy
    - 1 female guppy
    2.5 gallon (corner view)
    - male veiltail betta
    2.5 gallon (corner view)
    - 1 baby molly (~2-3 months old)
    1 gallon (corner view)
    - 1 female guppy (put her in there because she was pregnant, I might be moving her to the 20 long very soon)

All the tanks are cycled and running very smooth. I'm currently feeding all my fish crushed up pellets, flake food, cucumber (as a treat for my plecos once or twice a week) and shrimp bottom feeder pellets (also for my plecos). It's all my budget can afford but I'm hoping I can make their diet nutritious with bloodworms and other foods that will keep them at premium quality.

My future plan is to dedicate all my tanks to breeding fish.

I am also planning to get a 55 gallon from my friend once I make space.

2. Pictusboss

Pictusboss Valued Member Member

you should move all the plecos to the 55, along with the paradise and the zebras. I would add more zebras though. Then, you should move the betta to the 10, and dedicate the 20 to breeding the adult livebearers you have, and use the 2.5's for the fry. bettas shouldnt be kept in anything less than a 5, even then a 10 is better.

3. OP
    OP
    CatfishGuy

I wont have the 55 in a while (at least in December, my house doesn't have much room) and he doesn't have it running. I also don't have anyone that can keep my fish for me while I sort everything out. What should I do in the meantime?

For the Zebras, I don't know why I haven't bought any more yet. Plecos make so much waste I guess I'm scared of putting anything else in lmao

4. Pictusboss

Pictusboss Valued Member Member

I really wouldnt. Plecos get BIG, and 4 of them is more than cramped in a 20G

5. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

all the other tanks seem fine except the 20g long tank. that is too many plecos in that size of a tank. bn plecos need a minimum of 30g i believe for just a single pleco and the paradise fish also need a 30g minimum

6. OP
    OP
    CatfishGuy

I know. At least they aren't common plecos! I'll only be keeping one in the 20G and the rest I'll rehome or keep until I get the 55 all established. Right now my biggest one is 1 1/2" so I'm not too worried for now.

I was recommended the paradise from an employee at petco back when I thought petco was a good store to get fish from. Ive been thinking of rehoming the paradise and the 3 plecos unless I get my 55 before they grow too big.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice