Any horse lovers here?

1. scatty Member Member

Please feel free to move this it it's in the wrong place, I didn't know where to post it, just knew I wanted to share. I stumbled across this video and was totally struck by this friesian foal. It's a beautiful video to watch, and he is one stunning young animal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzwVG3xe_YE

2. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

ADORABLE!!!!!

Wonder how my horses would react to that lol

3. scatty Member Member

Hey Red. Get on youtube and check out all the vids of horses playing with these balls. Seems alot of horses love em!

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi scatty, I moved your thread to the Horse section of the forum.
    (lol yes, we have one of those too!)

The video is adorable!! Thanks for sharing it.

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I LOVE friesians! I had the honor of meeting Jelte (pronounced Yelta) at a few shows. He's a wonderful example of how well-rounded these horses are. They're incredible for sure. He's a stallion, but does everything from dressage to carting and is sooo laid back. Absolute sweetheart. Shelby's met him as well, but she was much younger.

6. Fishies-for-me Well Known Member Member

What a looker...he is going to mature into a VERY nice animal.

7. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

<drool again>
    There's so many breeds out there I wanna ride (at least :p) Mostly it's QHx's in my area. but now much search for those other horse and ball videos :p

8. Fishies-for-me Well Known Member Member

The best horse I ever rode was a 1/2 arabian 1/2 morgan cross mare...she was very feisty...not for the beginner, but not crazy either...just needed a lot of control. She was a tad jumpy...ran like the wind and would try to jump ANYTHING you aimed her at....she was amazing.

9. scatty Member Member

They are special animals, huh?

I love Quarter Horses Red! I grew up with them, and they will always hold a special place in my heart.

I know it sounds like a strange mix, but I remember this Arab/Warmblood X gelding who was just amazing to ride. He was all heart, and would have a go at anything you asked of him, yet was still such a gentleman. Must have got the best of both breeds...

10. Special Initiate Member

I looooove the looks of Friesians! I would LOVE to own or even just ride one someday...

11. Zenandra Member Member

Frisians are magnificent animals! I work with a Frisian mare named Aanyah, its just a different ride then anything else I've ever been on!

And those giant balls are sooo much fun. And they're great for desensitizing horses. My mare was nervous about them at first but now she'll kick the ball around and I can throw it over her, bounce it on her and everything and she doesnt even flinch.

Amber with her ball :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Shine Well Known Member Member

Sign me up as another horse obsessed person on the board!

lol--my gelding surprised me when I tried him out with the ball. He was pretty spooky when I got him so I figured the ball would blow his mind away. Oddly enough he took to it pretty fast, but my (so I thought) 'calmer' mare just about had a conniption!

13. RedRumBetta Member Member

I've been riding since I was 6 but I've never been able to own a horse. =(