Any hacks for hooking a hose to kitchen faucet to refill tank?

MessyBunFishMom

Is this possible? I'd really like to not have to lug buckets back and forth and also I find it so hard to diffuse the water when pouring it in from a bucket.

I know you can buy hoses that you can screw onto an indoor faucet but the issue I have is that the only option for us is the kitchen faucet and it has a fancy sprayer attachment so I have no clue how In could hook a hose up to it.

Does anyone know of an adapter or something that could work for this?

mimo91088

Usually you just unscrew the aerator piece and screw in the adapter. Does your faucet have a removable aerator?

AggressiveAquatics

I fill up a big bin that Carries 36 gallons of water that has wheels. Then I use an air pump to pump the water into my tank.

MessyBunFishMom

AggressiveAquatics said:
I fill up a big bin that Carries 36 gallons of water that has wheels. Then I use an air pump to pump the water into my tank.
THAT is a very good idea!!! Off to Amazon I go.....

AggressiveAquatics

smalli

AggressiveAquatics said:
The only thing with those is that they don’t let you dechlorinate the water before you add it
true

IzabelB

AggressiveAquatics said:
Could you explain how that works? How would you use an air pump for that?

AggressiveAquatics

IzabelB said:
Could you explain how that works? How would you use an air pump for that?
First I use this tub and fill it up and dechlorinate

14017A66-B7B7-468B-9633-4CF9CDE5B80F.jpeg

Once that’s filled up I wheel it down to my tanks and then use this air pump I found at Home Depot and connect this big tubing to it. When I plug it in water comes flowing out of the tube into my tank.

51BF55EC-F88A-4198-B3CA-BA581890325B.jpeg

EF11467F-710C-4F9A-BE54-CF9126A5F91C.jpeg

tip: you can create a siphon affect with the tube as long as your tank is higher than the bucket and fill it up. Easier water changes

BevM

I use a similar system for adding water back to the tank and I love it. I got the idea from this forum several years ago...thank you DIYers. It enables me to maintain my aquarium without lifting heavy buckets of water. Amazon has some great pumps that are inexpensive.

Lucy

Just an addition about adding dechlorinator with the python.
It can be added as you go or afterward. Never had any issues.

You can buy an adaptor for your faucet and use a hose (as long as it is deemed safe for drinking)

Dennis57

43 years of having fish and never once did I add any type of dechlorinator to a bucket before I refill my tanks.

I start filling back the tanks and add dechlorinator as the water is going back in.

smalli

AggressiveAquatics said:
First I use this tub and fill it up and dechlorinate

14017A66-B7B7-468B-9633-4CF9CDE5B80F.jpeg

Once that’s filled up I wheel it down to my tanks and then use this air pump I found at Home Depot and connect this big tubing to it. When I plug it in water comes flowing out of the tube into my tank.

51BF55EC-F88A-4198-B3CA-BA581890325B.jpeg

EF11467F-710C-4F9A-BE54-CF9126A5F91C.jpeg

tip: you can create a siphon affect with the tube as long as your tank is higher than the bucket and fill it up. Easier water changes
ah lucky u got tile floors i got carpet and that thing would tip over lol

AggressiveAquatics

smalli said:
ah lucky u got tile floors i got carpet and that thing would tip over lol
I got carpet in my room which is where all my tanks are lol

kallililly1973

Does the spray attachment on your kitchen sink unscrew? If so you can definitely use a Python just need to find the right adapter for the hose that is pulled out of the faucet.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom