Any Good Fish To Go With Platys In A 55

ChuthuluFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
dimesions: 48 L 22H 13W. 55 Gallons

what can i keep with paltys i have 3. PS i need sturdy fish becuase how bad my water is.

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
With a 55 gallon you have a ton of options. What fun! Mollys, guppies, a gourami or several honey gourami?
What is “bad” about your water? Maybe knowing that would allow us to help better? Can you do to a fish store & write down fish you like the look of & we can help you figure out what could work together. Do you want babies or not (that will dictate sex choices for the fish).

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What are the issues with your water?

Someone on here can help with “bad water.”

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most any species are good with Platys; I have a betta with some Platys. And a H. Gourami as well. They all get along just fine and are seem to all be friends. Yeah, please clarify/define "bad water":...pretty please! o_O

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The only issues platys have is male platys will chase/threaten other male platys if no females are present.

Peaceful fish.

Wobbegong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cory catfish would be cool, although you would have to make sure they get enough food. You could also try giant sail fin mollys, they up to six inches and the males have a cool sail fin on their back.

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bad water?

People are replying but you never explained this comment.

I have other suggestions, as i’m sure others do to but without an explanation of “bad water” we are hesitant to reply.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom