Any fish suggestings?

robby270

Reaction score
looking for some fish suggestions i already have 2 full grown dojo loaches (wormy and leachy) as well as a freshly hatched 4 week old Oscar (Asuka) so anyone have some more fish suggestions?

oh and its a 55 gallon tank

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have no experience fwith dojo loaches or oscars but from waht I've read is that if you add any more fish your tank will be overstocked and besides, your oscar is going to out grow the 55 gallon tank anyways. Or is this for when your oscar outgrows the tank.
Tom

robby270

Reaction score
ah well i guess i'll have to set up my dad's old 180 gallon tank

so now any suggestions?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You are pretty much maxed out in your tank with the oscar. As he gets bigger, he will probably try and eat your dojo's which is a big problem. Not only do you not want him to eat them, they have some sharp spines that could get lodged in your oscars throat and cause serious injury, so keep that in mind. I would definately get out the 180.

robby270

Reaction score
Whoops sorry i should of updated sooner i'm done with this forum the dojo i am trying to breed in a sepreate tank and will not be going back with the Oscars (Thank you Butterfly) and i put a Pl*costamus in there with the Oscar in the 55 gallon..... and some baby goldfish

But Gunnie do you have any advice on Black pacus? i Just got my dads and it's full grown. I am already pretty knowledgable about them but you probaly have more experence so any advice i would appreciate. (Don't say not to put your finger in front of his mouth, already happened when i was 11 and i got stiches. Not only that but the doctor and my dad said i got off lucky)

Regardlus it was my fault and when he let's me i still pet him.

P.S. For your response please continue this forum under "Characin"

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom