Any fish stores that ship within Canada?

mantarae88
Hi! Looking for recommendations for online fish stores that ship within Canada.
I’m in northern Manitoba and there are no pet stores near me.
I’d like to order some aquarium plants (anubias nana, salvinia, moss balls) and some snails (nerite, ramshorn). Also some better quality food for my betta.
Ideally would like to order soon since it’s going to start freezing here right away.
Any recommendations?

ValkyrieLips
I just got turned onto this store called angelfins.

They have really great prices, and I was pleased with my order. I got some live plants and sand delivered.

Pfrozen
I second Angelfins. Pretty much the only option that's close. There's also Aquarists across canada out in BC if you're willing to pay for air shipping. Be aware that Angelfins might mess your order up super bad (2 out of 3 times so far for us) but they always fix it immediately if you email them. Their customer service is really excellent. And they wont double charge you for shipping if they have to resend something. Also be aware that fedex ground shipping is 40 dollars right now... dont use canada post unless you want dead fish and plants arriving on your doorstep in 17 weeks

mantarae88
ValkyrieLips said:
I just got turned onto this store called angelfins.

They have really great prices, and I was pleased with my order. I got some live plants and sand delivered.
Sorry for the late reply. Just ordered from them today. You’re right, good prices! Got some pretty nerite snails (including 2 rare variations), cholla wood, some plants. Unfortunately most items were sold out, especially when it came to plants. I put my name on the email list though for when they’re back in stock (hopefully soon). Excited for my order to arrive, as all the reviews were very good. Thanks for the recommendation

Pfrozen
mantarae88 said:
Sorry for the late reply. Just ordered from them today. You’re right, good prices! Got some pretty nerite snails (including 2 rare variations), cholla wood, some plants. Unfortunately most items were sold out, especially when it came to plants. I put my name on the email list though for when they’re back in stock (hopefully soon). Excited for my order to arrive, as all the reviews were very good. Thanks for the recommendation
I ordered from them today too! Are you the one who stole my hygrophila polysperma?

They restock plants on Thursday and usually update their website constantly between Thursday and Saturday.. just so you know, the plants sell out within hours so you'll need to be on it if you want the rarer ones

mantarae88
Pfrozen said:
I second Angelfins. Pretty much the only option that's close. There's also Aquarists across canada out in BC if you're willing to pay for air shipping. Be aware that Angelfins might mess your order up super bad (2 out of 3 times so far for us) but they always fix it immediately if you email them. Their customer service is really excellent. And they wont double charge you for shipping if they have to resend something. Also be aware that fedex ground shipping is 40 dollars right now... dont use canada post unless you want dead fish and plants arriving on your doorstep in 17 weeks
Oof, hopefully they don’t mess it up! It’s nice to hear that their customer service is good though.
And yeah, I chose fed ex shipping since it was the only option (they won’t allow Canada post to ship livestock right now). Fed ex shipping was nearly $70 (yikes). But if it ensures that the livestock will arrive quicker/safer, then I don’t mind paying.
I wonder how slow Canada post actually is at the moment, I ordered reptile supplies online today as well and it’s shipping via Canada post expedited. Hopefully I won’t have to wait 2 months or something crazy. Before it used to arrive in a week.

Pfrozen
mantarae88 said:
Oof, hopefully they don’t mess it up! It’s nice to hear that their customer service is good though.
And yeah, I chose fed ex shipping since it was the only option (they won’t allow Canada post to ship livestock right now). Fed ex shipping was nearly $70 (yikes). But if it ensures that the livestock will arrive quicker/safer, then I don’t mind paying.
I wonder how slow Canada post actually is at the moment, I ordered reptile supplies online today as well and it’s shipping via Canada post expedited. Hopefully I won’t have to wait 2 months or something crazy. Before it used to arrive in a week.
Yea Canada Post is a no go for sure! I also paid way too much for shipping today lol. Tbh they already messed my order up by sending me the wrong invoice but they fixed it before they sent it.. you should fully expect them to mess something up but like I said they will always fix it at no expense to you. Between my friend and I we've ordered from Angelfins 5 times and 4 orders had mistake that were immediately fixed

mantarae88
Pfrozen said:
I ordered from them today too! Are you the one who stole my hygrophila polysperma?

They restock plants on Thursday and usually update their website constantly between Thursday and Saturday.. just so you know, the plants sell out within hours so you'll need to be on it if you want the rarer ones
Nope haha. I just got guppy grass and a cup of assorted moss (basically the only things available right now when it comes to low maintenance plants). I mainly wanted some anubias nana variations and some floating plants too, but all sold out.
And thanks for the tip. I’ll have to be on it as soon as they email me.

mantarae88
What sort of things did they mess up? Like they sent you the wrong stuff?

Pfrozen
mantarae88 said:
Nope haha. I just got guppy grass and a cup of assorted moss (basically the only things available right now when it comes to low maintenance plants). I mainly wanted some anubias nana variations and some floating plants too, but all sold out.
And thanks for the tip. I’ll have to be on it as soon as they email me.
No worries, not saying anything bad about them just so you know lol they always deliver excellent quality plants and products.. just telling you my experiences haha. I will continue to order from them

I grabbed some cardamine lyrata Vietnam, its low maintenance if you want to check it out. Just need the occasional prune

mantarae88
What sort
Pfrozen said:
Yea Canada Post is a no go for sure! I also paid way too much for shipping today lol. Tbh they already messed my order up by sending me the wrong invoice but they fixed it before they sent it.. you should fully expect them to mess something up but like I said they will always fix it at no expense to you. Between my friend and I we've ordered from Angelfins 5 times and 4 orders had mistake that were immediately fixed
what sort of things did they mess up? Like they sent you the wrong stuff?

Pfrozen
mantarae88 said:
What sort of things did they mess up? Like they sent you the wrong stuff?
Nah theyre just busy, it was mostly because they didn't have what we ordered in stock anymore by the time it was processed a couple hours later so they sent a modified order out and didn't communicate it well. Honest mistake

Pfrozen
Still the best option in Canada right now imo

mantarae88
Pfrozen said:
Nah theyre just busy, it was mostly because they didn't have what we ordered in stock anymore by the time it was processed a couple hours later so they sent a modified order out and didn't communicate it well. Honest mistake
Ohh okay I see

mantarae88
Pfrozen said:
Still the best option in Canada right now imo
That’s good to hear there’s a Canadian fish site that’s consistent. And ships quickly. AND great prices. The nerite snails were $3 each, im pretty sure awhile ago when I was in this fish store they were charging $6-$10 for them (plus our stupid 8% Manitoba sales tax... ugh). Lol. The plants were fairly cheap too. Can’t wait for my order!

Pfrozen
mantarae88 said:
That’s good to hear there’s a Canadian fish site that’s consistent. And ships quickly. AND great prices. The nerite snails were $3 each, im pretty sure awhile ago when I was in this fish store they were charging $6-$10 for them (plus our stupid 8% Manitoba sales tax... ugh). Lol. The plants were fairly cheap too. Can’t wait for my order!
They also have excellent prices on rasboras and cories, I find they always carry some rarer hard to find fish too

Latest threads

Top Bottom