Any Dressage Riders?

LadyBoots

Anyone else ride dressage? I was prepping for 2nd level with my TB before I moved for school. Right after I graduated college, I moved to NH to be a working student for an FEI trainer and was schooling 3rd level with her, and now I’m in school to become a chiropractor. I want to do equine chiro and acupuncture

Pic is of my boy and me last year getting our 1st lvl bronze scores. I’ve had him for 11 years and he is 23 yrs old, and I hope to get him to 3rd level to get my bronze entirely on him

Attachments

• 61362CC4-7F7B-47CD-8B3E-DA117956B077.jpeg
    61362CC4-7F7B-47CD-8B3E-DA117956B077.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 164

CanadianJoeh

WanhiBetta is a Dressage coach!

WanhiBetta

CanadianJoeh got confused a bit hahahah.

I'm actually a jumper coach, not a dressage one your horse looks amazing! Here's mine

IMG_0481.JPG

Abby565

Well, I do eventing on my ottb so I ride dressage! He is a decent mover on the flat, but he prefers jumping for sure. I love your horse, he is a really rich color.
Do you have a pic of him sideways and mostly squared up? I am developing my eye for judging conformation currently, I'm pretty good but I like being able to practice on random horses!

LadyBoots

Well, I do eventing on my ottb so I ride dressage! He is a decent mover on the flat, but he prefers jumping for sure. I love your horse, he is a really rich color.
Do you have a pic of him sideways and mostly squared up? I am developing my eye for judging conformation currently, I'm pretty good but I like being able to practice on random horses!

Not a good one lol. If I come across a hidden one, I’ll be sure to post it!

Basil

I ride dressage so my field hunters are an easier ride LOL! Nothing like tearing across a field at breakneck speed and being able to half halt to gain some balance and possibly be able to stop!!

SecretiveFish

Hi! I am a dressage rider but have only done 3 schooling shows over the years with my mare due to time and money constraints. I am hoping to try out 2nd level later this year but need to lose more weight before I ask my mare to carry me around for the 5-6 minute test sitting the entire time!!!

I hope your shows go well! Gorgeous horse!

alauruin

I'm a former dressage rider! My dressage horse is 33 and retired, and my dressage saddle hasn't been used in years now. We were schooling 4th level at our peak, but then grad school happened and time/money for training went away. I don't have many pics of us since we didn't show much. (In our last schooling show, the judge told me my horse deserves a better rider, I have no business being off the longe line and what is my trainer thinking? I quit showing after that.) But here's a shot from one of our schooling show efforts 10 years ago.

dressage.jpg

Basil

I'm a former dressage rider! My dressage horse is 33 and retired, and my dressage saddle hasn't been used in years now. We were schooling 4th level at our peak, but then grad school happened and time/money for training went away. I don't have many pics of us since we didn't show much. (In our last schooling show, the judge told me my horse deserves a better rider, I have no business being off the longe line and what is my trainer thinking? I quit showing after that.) But here's a shot from one of our schooling show efforts 10 years ago.

dressage.jpg
That ring looks familiar. And I see you are from PA. Is that Spring Valley?
And geez, the judge could have been a bit more diplomatic. We usually know we are not all Karl Mikolkas!

bitseriously

I'm the guy that married the dressage rider. So that makes me the guy that helps with wraps, walks out the horse after your test, carries water buckets out to the trailer in the field, and brings the kid to watch and cheer on show day. And takes all the stuff randomly dumped just inside the garage door, and stacks it neatly on the shelf at the back of the garage. And still kisses you when you come home from a winter evening at the barn, even though you smell like winter horse blanket (you know that smell, don't you!). LOL
But we still love you. :*

SecretiveFish

You have beautiful horse!

In our last schooling show, the judge told me my horse deserves a better rider, I have no business being off the longe line and what is my trainer thinking? I quit showing after that.

What is wrong with some people? Seriously?!? That is so uncalled for and just plain mean. 'They' wonder why the dressage base in the US is shrinking. Well... This is one of the many reasons.

My first attempt at 1st level we will just say didn't go well as this was a facility neither of us had been to with interesting parking (judges booth was going to eat her too so we were cutting off a large part of the arena). The judge was extremely polite with her suggestions for improvement for the first test, and in her comments for our second test, she seemed genuinely pleased that it was much better than the first. This is how judges should be, especially for us lowly amateurs.

I hope you find more time in the saddle if that is what you want! Your horse is lucky to have you.

alauruin

That ring looks familiar. And I see you are from PA. Is that Spring Valley?

It's the Bucks County Horse Park

What is wrong with some people? Seriously?!? That is so uncalled for and just plain mean. 'They' wonder why the dressage base in the US is shrinking. Well... This is one of the many reasons.

Agreed! I did find out after the fact that this particular judge had just come back from a suspension for questionable behaviour. I didn't take her comments too personally after that, and I probably should have complained so they knew she was right back at it. Oh well!

I didn't quit riding because of her, I quit because my old man retired and my new man can't wear a girth. I hope to get back to it one day, and I would especially love turning my fat speed pony into a dressage horse hahaha. Unfortunately English tack is very out of the question for him as English girths can't be modified away from his scars, so until dressage gets over itself and allows non-traditional competitors in bareback pads, you won't be seeing us in show rings anywhere.

Wraithen

Judge should have been scolded on the spot. No reason for saying that. Took it way too far. Telling you the horse deserves a better rider is a backhanded compliment I would take any day, the rest is just plain garbage human being behavior. (Some of the circles I run in, saying your equipment is better than you is a humble compliment to your equipment's engineering.)

As a dressage rider of long ago, the most brutal thin I had to deal with was a teenage girl seeing a ten year old boy outplace her in the arena. I was never judged on the horse, but on my command. I rode quarter horses with no actual dressage training. Hated memorizing the required routines.

Fieryskys

Used to do eventing but is been some years now. Still have my girl but she's in retirement now.

Live Love Aquatic Life

I’d love to ride dressage some day. I’m currently doing Hunter Jumper but I’m considering switching to Eventing.

Basil

I’d love to ride dressage some day. I’m currently doing Hunter Jumper but I’m considering switching to Eventing.
We call that "coming to the dark side" LOL!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leahkwatts
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views