Any Diagnosis?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by yannifb, Apr 24, 2018.

1. yannifb

yannifbValued MemberMember

Hey guys,

So I’m relatively new to setting up proper aquariums and have recently set up a 30 gallon freshwater tank.

I treated the water, added bacteria starter, and planted several live plants (including some moss) and let the aquarium run for a couple days before adding a Betta fish to help get the cycle going. I’ve got a penguin 200 biowheel filter, added a little extra food to help start the cycle as well, and keep the temp at around 77 F.

So far the plants look very healthy, however it’s still too early to tell if things are steady.

Now that you know the setup, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what these two spots are on the back of the Betta fish- I don’t think it’s ich as they’re not nearly as white and actually look sliiightly like depressions rather than growths, almost like a scale is missing. I’ve attached a picture- i’d greatly appreciate it if anyone could let me know if it’s anything to be worried about!

Attached Files:

2. Lissi Kat

Lissi KatValued MemberMember

Hey it's kinda hard to see from the pic. Would you be able to tell if it is missing scales. This can happen for a number of reasons. Have you tested your water parameters?