Any Artists Here? - Page 9

Cherie G

nikm128 said:
Does that just mean incorporate bubbles into it?
Well it just means that your piece should convey the prompt word. What does the prompt bring to mind for you? Can be an abstract idea or something more direct. That is part of the fun is using your creativity to come up with something.

The_fishy

Ten minute doodle done during a lecture.

Frisbee

nikm128 said:
Does that just mean incorporate bubbles into it?
I think it means drawing your inspiration. What does bubbles inspire you to draw?

nikm128

The yellow tang from Finding Nemo defending his bubbling treasure chest

LeahsTank

LittleBlueGuppy said:
I think it’s should be once a week or once every other week. I kind of like the idea of fish Friday’s. We need to figure out who’s gonna judge or vote on the winner though. We might even need to make a separate thread for it to have poles, judges. Also, who’s gonna be deciding on topics? Are we only gonna do aquatic life? Or are we gonna broaden the spectrum and pic a new subject every week? Should the subjects be specific? Like certain coral species, or a certain fish species, or just aquatic life period?
I think that whoever wins the challenge (if we”re doing winners) should pick the next prompt/subject. If not, maybe the first person to complete that weeks challenge could pick the next prompt?

And when we have everything worked out we do it on a fresh thread. Whoever creates the thread, just post a link here for us all to jump onto.

Cherie G

February 1st is almost here, we should get the details buttoned up very soon so we can start our art challenge on time. I feel like prompt words for each week should be picked in advance of the start of the challenge but I am open to whatever the majority would like to do. Starting a new thread for the challenge is a great idea, glad Leahstanks brought that up.

Frisbee

We are gonna need prompt words for the upcoming weeks. Anybody got any ideas?

I think that anemones should be the prompt word for the third week. But we need prompt words for the second and fourth.

Amazoniantanklvr

Artistic & breeding

Hayli

HI yes! I do draw (not professionally) but I’ve been drawing since I was a little little kid. Here’s a few of my recent paintings! My betta one isn’t finished but will be soon

LeahsTank

LittleBlueGuppy said:
We are gonna need prompt words for the upcoming weeks. Anybody got any ideas?

I think that anemones should be the prompt word for the third week. But we need prompt words for the second and fourth.
Splash.

MissNoodle

I rarely actually draw anymore. First time doing anything aside from a brief doodle in well over a year or two. My hands are shot from work

Needless to say I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but it is what it is.

RikkiTikkii

MissNoodle said:
I rarely actually draw anymore. First time doing anything aside from a brief doodle in well over a year or two. My hands are shot from work

Needless to say I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but it is what it is.
MISS NOODLE. I had no idea u could draw! What a lovely piece, I love your warm colors :’)

draw more if you get the free time! I love to see what u conjure up

MissNoodle

RikkiTikkii said:
MISS NOODLE. I had no idea u could draw! What a lovely piece, I love your warm colors :’)

draw more if you get the free time! I love to see what u conjure up
I would but my fingers are so stiff and my hands cramp up fast. Carpal tunnel in both hands is a killer.

This was before my hands were so badly affected

RikkiTikkii

MissNoodle said:
I would but my fingers are so stiff and my hands cramp up fast. Carpal tunnel in both hands is a killer.

This was before my hands were so badly affected
Oh goodness! How lovely, I love this !!
And that’s a shame, very much a fear of mine ):
Have to look out 4 my wrists and what have u

Amazoniantanklvr

LittleBlueGuppy
We should have a week to draw. Entries should be due Saturday not Friday.

Frisbee

Amazoniantanklvr said:
LittleBlueGuppy
We should have a week to draw. Entries should be due Saturday not Friday.
So no fish Friday???? I kinda liked that idea... ah well. What does everyone else say?

Amazoniantanklvr

LittleBlueGuppy said:
So no fish Friday???? I kinda liked that idea... ah well. What does everyone else say?
Fish Friday is kinda cool. I never thought of that. I guess Friday would be fine. I was just thinking that most people won't start drawing until Saturday.

Frisbee

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Fish Friday is kinda cool. I never thought of that. I guess Friday would be fine. I was just thinking that most people won't start drawing until Saturday.
Well it’s a little late now, it’s already Sunday. The first week is the only one cut short, and it a little late to change it’s since we are already part way through it.

Aquaridiot

forgive me if this is not the place to post our random art
for my fishies stuffs I repurposed an old cabinet with a glass door. the door is faux stained glass and the back of the shelves is my first attempt at mosaic... just wanted to share

Aquaridiot

and I carved my own stamps and made curtains for some shelves with some pillowcases

Amazoniantanklvr

LittleBlueGuppy said:
Well it’s a little late now, it’s already Sunday. The first week is the only one cut short, and it a little late to change it’s since we are already part way through it.
Ok, fine with me.

Sheldon13

Took forever because I have been unwell, but I finally finished.

Amazoniantanklvr

Looks really cool! Soooooo much detail. I can't give it a 'love' because they are so ugly (no offence) but you are very talented.

Frisbee

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Looks really cool! Soooooo much detail. I can't give it a 'love' because they are so ugly (no offence) but you are very talented.
I agree, I don’t like the breed of cat, but incredible talent in drawing them.

Sheldon13

This is my baby, Ellie. She is the inspiration for a lot of my art.

Examples:

Amazoniantanklvr

Is she a cat? Or a dog? I can't tell from the pic, sorry.

LeahsTank

Sheldon13 said:
This is my baby, Ellie. She is the inspiration for a lot of my art.

Examples:
I want a hairless kitty!

Sheldon13

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Is she a cat? Or a dog? I can't tell from the pic, sorry.
Cat

Sheldon13

LeahsTank said:
I want a hairless kitty!
Try the forum “Sphynxlair.” I’m on there too. There are regularly (maybe 1-2 times a month) people who join to rehome their kitties. Just keep an eye out for ones available near you.

Amazoniantanklvr

Sheldon13 said:
SORRY! I thought that it was a cat but just wanted to make sure. I feel so stupid now!

LeahsTank

Sheldon13 said:
Try the forum “Sphynxlair.” I’m on there too. There are regularly (maybe 1-2 times a month) people who join to rehome their kitties. Just keep an eye out for ones available near you.
Ohhhh! I’ll keep that in mind. A new kitty is not in my near future. Looking at retiring and getting some travel in before we settle back down and start our pet “resupply.” But maybe in about 3 years... But I will check out that forum.

Frisbee

I take back what I said about not liking the breed. Seeing it sleeping in the blankets makes me want one.

Sheldon13

They are kinda irresistible once you meet one

Amazoniantanklvr

Good to know.

StarGirl

My art on the chalkboard at Flagler Beach on vacation. Lol

Amazoniantanklvr

StarGirl15 said:
You, and stars and the number 15! lol

The_fishy

I tried some wood burning semi-recently. Any references used are below the art. I’m not sure what the wood is, but the disks are no bigger than 4” across. If the pictures look blurry for you, click on it for a better resolution.

Amazoniantanklvr

The_fishy said:
I tried some wood burning semi-recently. Any references used are below the art. I’m not sure what the wood is, but the disks are no bigger than 4” across. If the pictures look blurry for you, click on it for a better resolution.

You are goooood!

The_fishy

Amazoniantanklvr said:
You are goooood!
Thanks! The only other time I’ve done wood burning was ten years ago and that was just simple lettering, so I am happy with how well these came out. I got the soldering iron to do stained glass, but didn’t have any glass or lead haha

Amazoniantanklvr

Cant wait to see more!

RikkiTikkii

StarGirl15 said:
What a dazzling star
Flagler beach is quite a nice area! The A1A strip is a nice place to cruise
Hope you had a good time!
The_fishy said:

These are so lovely! You should consider custom orders if you ever feel like up to the task. I think a few folks would love having one!! (Like me! :happy

Amazoniantanklvr

I think that this art. What do you think?

Sheldon13

Amazoniantanklvr said:
I think that this art. What do you think?
I like it!!!

Amazoniantanklvr

ValerieAdams

I can’t remember what I did or didn’t post on this thread. But here is some of my stuff

Cheesecake

Did this last week.

Amazoniantanklvr

Very nice. Put it in the official art challenge please.

Cheesecake

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Very nice. Put it in the official art challenge please.
Already did this morning.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom