Any Artists Here?

The_fishy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Amazoniantanklvr said:
You are goooood!
Thanks! :) The only other time I’ve done wood burning was ten years ago and that was just simple lettering, so I am happy with how well these came out. I got the soldering iron to do stained glass, but didn’t have any glass or lead haha

RikkiTikkii

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StarGirl15 said:
My art on the chalkboard at Flagler Beach on vacation. Lol :p
20200305_132249.jpg
What a dazzling star
Flagler beach is quite a nice area! The A1A strip is a nice place to cruise :)
Hope you had a good time!
The_fishy said:
I tried some wood burning semi-recently. Any references used are below the art. I’m not sure what the wood is, but the disks are no bigger than 4” across. If the pictures look blurry for you, click on it for a better resolution.

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

FCB77016-189F-4138-B436-6D9D83CC24A6.jpg

5A806F5F-C492-4C89-B322-CDB0C6905BF8.jpg

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG
These are so lovely! You should consider custom orders if you ever feel like up to the task. I think a few folks would love having one!! (Like me! :happy:)

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I pulled out the oil pastels yesterday morning. Hadn't touched them in years so the learning curve happened on the leaves. Also 8x10 is a difficult size to get any detail with an instrument that is 3/8" thick... But they came out alright :)
Violets in oil pastel.jpg

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My wife knows her way around a canvas & recently painted a picture of my Red Zebra Mbuna. The painting was recently displayed at the big "Nature Works Art Show" in Tulsa.
20200408_091418.jpg

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I was playing around with clouds yesterday, I have always been so bad at them but I think it at least somewhat got it! (There are two pictures I did but I don’t have a photo of the second one on me, give me a little bit and I will post it under an edit)
35EC580D-7447-4EDD-AFC3-C571A8D1910B.jpeg

Sorry for the bad lighting of the photo. When I post the second one I will include a better photo of this one.

A little rant about the above piece: That one was also my first time playing around with water and waves. I challenged myself on this piece to do something very odd for myself, in almost all my art there is a main focus then the background is just a plain color so I drew the dragon last and intentionally made it just a silhouette so the “main” focus could be on the moon and the dragon. Not normal for me and it was really hard to not put extra detail into it because I love to do shading and add all the scales and lighting. I told myself to just drop that and do something different. I do think I might make the moon reflection in the water a bit bigger though.... Also not a bad moon shape for no tracing....

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Magicpenny75 Really liked your "Flower" pastel. The Red Zebra is also a pastel. When I showed your picture to my wife, she replied " Wow! ".

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A201 said:
Magicpenny75 Really liked your "Flower" pastel. The Red Zebra is also a pastel. When I showed your picture to my wife, she replied " Wow! ".
Well thanks a lot! And please tell your wife I said thank you and I loved her art as well :)

RikkiTikkii

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
These are all so nice
I haven’t been drawing recently cause life is just paper after paper :rolleyes:

but here’s a sketch I recently did. I might finish it? Who knows
A83EF535-4CC9-4F24-8660-121440C0E3A0.jpeg

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Whenever I can make myself get up to take a photo I will share what I have been working on. I have been trying to challenge myself by doing something other than toothless from httyd. Now that being said he still is my favorite so I am incorporating him in a lot of my nice finished pieces, but for me the focus of those pieces are the trees and grass and even the clouds. There is also one I’m doing that I think is just plain cool that is a mechanical toothless head. I made him entirely of gears and wires and I think it looks really cool. The head is done but now I need to add a neck and some sort of backdrop. Again whenever I can make myself get up to take a photo I will. I was up until midnight last night and my alarm clock (without my knowing) decided to wake me up at 6:30 :/

New Threads