Any Artists Here?

Cherie G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I agree! I love this thread and miss it when no one has posted. So love seeing what everyone is working on. This is a quick pencil sketch of an apple I did yesterday during lunch. Not very good but I had a nice time doing it. Now during my lunch at work I am going to do a drawing everyday instead of watching goofy videos on YouTube :D

Attachments

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have no artistic skills, but my wife really knows her way around a paintbrush. She painted this pic of one of my tanks.
Pictured is an OB Peacock, White Tail Acei & Yellow Lab. The Driftwood is Manzanita, the Rock is Limestone.
Resized952019111595071247.jpg

Cherie G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The_fishy said:
View attachment 636154
View attachment 636155
View attachment 636156

My pictures are working again! Here is some stained glass.
This is so cool, like art and engineering and old school know how all wrapped into one! I have never seen a work in progress like this before in stained glass. Thank you for sharing it, very special. I hope you will continue to post as you progress with this piece. I am sure it will be stunning!

The_fishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cherie G said:
This is so cool, like art and engineering and old school know how all wrapped into one! I have never seen a work in progress like this before in stained glass. Thank you for sharing it, very special. I hope you will continue to post as you progress with this piece. I am sure it will be stunning!
Thanks so much! I learned how to do it in a class at my college that is taught by a monk who was an artisan before he went into the monastery. He also does yarn spinning/dying, knitting, needlepoint, and drawing/painting.

I got to work on it a bit more today. Pieces that have lots of swooping curves or deep inward turns are more challenging to cut.

IMG_9828.JPG

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The_fishy said:
Thanks so much! I learned how to do it in a class at my college that is taught by a monk who was an artisan before he went into the monastery. He also does yarn spinning/dying, knitting, needlepoint, and drawing/painting.

I got to work on it a bit more today. Pieces that have lots of swooping curves or deep inward turns are more challenging to cut.

View attachment 636342
That is so flipping cool. It sounds like the plot for some karate movie: "I was taught my skill by an ancient monk before he disappeared, never to be seen again".
Seriously, that's awesome.
Do you take commissions ;)? I doubt it...

The_fishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Canaculus said:
That is so flipping cool. It sounds like the plot for some karate movie: "I was taught my skill by an ancient monk before he disappeared, never to be seen again".
Seriously, that's awesome.
Do you take commissions ;)? I doubt it...
I did a window for my college and have a small piece for sale, but haven’t done paying commissions in glass. I’m not sure how easy that would be to ship, but I might look into it

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The last (it’s unfinished) pic of my portfolio cover I’m making for my art class. I’m using watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons. :) the goal is to fill in the whole bottom and left behind the fish with greenery.

It’s of my sweet betta boy Reggie <3

78E42791-52CB-4439-8BE6-30E96F98DA17.jpeg

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sunflower said:
The last (it’s unfinished) pic of my portfolio cover I’m making for my art class. I’m using watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons. :) the goal is to fill in the whole bottom and left behind the fish with greenery.

It’s of my sweet betta boy Reggie
View attachment 639409
Gorgeous!

Cherie G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sunflower said:

It’s of my sweet betta boy Reggie <3

View attachment 639409

Very striking piece! I hope you will post a picture of it when you have completed it. Are the watercolor pencils and crayons your medium of choice? You have certainly used them with amazing results. Thank you for sharing your work!

jkkgron2

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this thread and I just wanted to say how amazing all this art is!! Honestly whenever I trie painting something it ends up being blob-ish so it’s refreshing to see all this awesome art!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom