Any Artists Here? - Page 11

Pandurs

AquaCaitlin said:
Painted an apple... don’t know what’s going on with the background lol.
Better than my drawings that have no background <3 I love the subtlety of the highlights.

AquaCaitlin

Pandurs said:
Better than my drawings that have no background <3 I love the subtlety of the highlights.
I kinda smudged watercolors everywhere so tried to cover it up with a purple color... than I spilled water on it and it looked like ripples so I tried to add to that effect... and well- that happened.

Pandurs

AquaCaitlin said:
I kinda smudged watercolors everywhere so tried to cover it up with a purple color... than I spilled water on it and it looked like ripples so I tried to add to that effect... and well- that happened.
As the honorable Art Wizard Bob Ross would say, we don't have mistakes, we have happy little accidents!

Cheesecake

Let's get this thread back on the road!
All of the fantasy drawings a few pages back made me want to draw a random monster .

AquaticQueen

I am certainly no artist but I was bored one day and decided to draw my two favorite fish.
I'm still working on both of them.

I'm a terrible artist.

JuiceBox52

AquaticQueen said:
I am certainly no artist but I was bored one day and decided to draw my two favorite fish.

I'm a terrible artist.
Not terrible just practice more

JuiceBox52

Heres a few of mine

julifhy

AquaticQueen said:

I'm a terrible artist.
I think they’re really cute!

The_fishy

I drew a logo the other day!

julifhy

This is still a work in progress, but I’ve decided to make some fan art for Foo the Flowerhorn since I’ve been watching their videos a lot recently
Here’s Dante so far (I know he looks like a betta zombie rn lol):

Ember tetras (these will be a pain to finish :inpain:

A reallllyy quick nerite snail sketch:

And everything together :

The smudge on the top is supposed to be an amino shrimp lol. I also started coloring the gravel too early and decided to change it.
I can’t wait to finish this!

JuiceBox52

Anyone who does pencil drawings know what the stick used for blending is called? It's getting hard to keep using my fingers in small areas lol

A201

It's a "Tortillion" or "Blending Stump".
Available at most art supply stores.

JuiceBox52

A201 said:
It's a "Tortillion" or "Blending Stump".
Available at most art supply stores.
Thank you so much! I've never taken art so had no idea

Cheesecake

JuiceBox52 said:
Thank you so much! I've never taken art so had no idea
Yeah def pick some up; they're awesome.

JuiceBox52

I will! I always just use a mechanical pencil and my fingers lol
Cheesecake said:
Yeah def pick some up; they're awesome.

marmaaa

Been drawing since I was 4 and now I'm almost 17

Pandurs

julifhy said:
This is still a work in progress, but I’ve decided to make some fan art for Foo the Flowerhorn since I’ve been watching their videos a lot recently
Here’s Dante so far (I know he looks like a betta zombie rn lol):

Ember tetras (these will be a pain to finish :inpain:

A reallllyy quick nerite snail sketch:

And everything together :

The smudge on the top is supposed to be an amino shrimp lol. I also started coloring the gravel too early and decided to change it.
I can’t wait to finish this!
So cute!! I love their videos too. To be fair, Dante does look kinda spacey in real life too.

Frisbee

Finally decided to try painting again. What do y’all think?

JuiceBox52

Frisbee said:
It looks good!

Frisbee

Pandurs

Frisbee said:
I love it! Your colors are very subdued and relaxing. I love it, its so chill.

Frisbee

So, do you guys think I should fill that hill in the front with trees? Or leave as is?

julifhy

Frisbee said:
So, do you guys think I should fill that hill in the front with trees? Or leave as is?
I think it would look great if you added more trees!

DioAquatics

These are a 2 of the 5 paintings I’m working on. Its a Dragon Ball-Z themed set.

Pandurs

Frisbee said:
Some pines would really tie it all together i think

Frisbee

Painting number two complete. Opinions?

jkkgron2

Frisbee said:
Looks good to me!

JuiceBox52

The_fishy

Just finished an acrylic painting!

Frisbee said:
I love the atmosphere and tones you have!

KatLovesCoffee

Thought I’d throw this one in the ring here. I was trying something new: dinosaurs and acrylic

Cheesecake

KatLovesCoffee said:
Thought I’d throw this one in the ring here. I was trying something new: dinosaurs and acrylic
You'll "throw this one on here?" Dude that is AMAZING!!

KatLovesCoffee

Cheesecake said:
You'll "throw this one on here?" Dude that is AMAZING!!
hahaha. That made me laugh. Thanks so much. I guess I said “throw” because this one was one I did for fun as an experiment on scales and didn’t actually intend to finish it. I ended up sending it to a friend of mine who is a major Dino buff.

CaptainAquatics

Just something I’m working on. Gotta finish up space then make the final details, thoughts so far?

The_fishy

CaptainAquatics said:
Just something I’m working on. Gotta finish up space then make the final details, thoughts so far?
I like how you got that eggshell look to it.

Nataku

I do the art thing sometimes.

JustAFishServant

I know this thread has been going on for a LOWNG time and that I've already posted, but I decided to share some more pictures!

Epic Dragon that was meant to resemble both Aurelion Sol and Alduin!

Red XIII from the Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

An anthropomorphic Rabbit Warrior! :smug:
(Fun Fact: I had to take my macro lens out for this one!)

A really cool Dragon that I've been putting off finishing hilarious

Awesome Dragon that I drew one day at a restaurant

Just a silly picture of a long-tailed female Betta, sassy and flaring!

And two really nice tank ideas that I decided to draw! The "Corydoras Forest" and the "Gold Mine!"

Hope you enjoyed, and everyone has a fin-tastic day!!

KatLovesCoffee

Most recent pet commission. This one was a giant pain. Halfway through the client told me her mom preferred his hair cut short, and there was no way to doctor it. So I had to start. It. Over.
And the second one was me screwing around with cartooning, and who better to butcher than your own self? Lol. The materials used here were top notch, artist, quality, highly expensive...crayola crayons from my preschoolers crayon box. Lol.

The_fishy

Been working on some sticker designs for my club at college.

shrimpyay

KatLovesCoffee said:
Most recent pet commission. This one was a giant pain. Halfway through the client told me her mom preferred his hair cut short, and there was no way to doctor it. So I had to start. It. Over.
O O F that hurt to read D:

I'm sorry you had to deal with re-drawing the whole thing. Ugh. That's actually the reason I stopped doing commissions like that--most people are great but you get those certain people who waste SO MUCH of your time with revisions that it's impossible to get anything finished.

But holy cow, that portrait of the dog is beautiful!!! Well done!

The_fishy Those look great, especially the last snail!

I like to do art, too. I've been playing around with pointilism/stippling (never can remember which of those is with color vice which is black and white...) the last several months. Ink is so satisfying to work with. First one was finished several months ago, the other one is ongoing and I had vague ideas about it being a christmas gift for my father, but TBH I probably won't finish it in time. I'm slow.

-Mak-

The_fishy said:

Looove the second fish and the nerites are so cute! Have you ever tried coloring the lines?

The_fishy

-Mak- said:
Looove the second fish and the nerites are so cute! Have you ever tried coloring the lines?
What do you mean by that? I’m shooting for a graphic sticker style, my normal style is much more realistic.

Frisbee

The_fishy said:

I love them!!!! You have to tell me where I can buy a pack of those stickers.

The_fishy

Frisbee said:
I love them!!!! You have to tell me where I can buy a pack of those stickers.
I’ll let you know! I still have to draw a few more fish for the set.

-Mak-

The_fishy said:
What do you mean by that? I’m shooting for a graphic sticker style, my normal style is much more realistic.
Oh, like this:

^This is actually part of a sticker I did for a class!

Or like these, where the inside lines are colored:

Just an option a lot of digital artists use! Yours are great regardless

The_fishy

-Mak- said:
Oh, like this:

^This is actually part of a sticker I did for a class!

Or like these, where the inside lines are colored:

Just an option a lot of digital artists use! Yours are great regardless
Oh, gottcha!

Bloodfeather

I'm a digital artist and starting acrylic painter! I draw on my phone, with my fingers as my only tools

I mainly draw cats (warrior cats- Anyone?) primarily my own Warriors characters. Sometimes anthropomorphic animals too! I just recently starting trying at humans-

My style is very toony. I'll have to find some good ones to send in this thread!

I've been drawing since I was around 5th grade age, 10 y/o??

Cheesecake

Lol this thread makes me want to start drawing again.
Great work everyone!!

lucky123

Bloodfeather said:
I'm a digital artist and starting acrylic painter! I draw on my phone, with my fingers as my only tools

I mainly draw cats (warrior cats- Anyone?) primarily my own Warriors characters. Sometimes anthropomorphic animals too! I just recently starting trying at humans-

My style is very toony. I'll have to find some good ones to send in this thread!

I have VERY clear memories of my 12 year old animal loving self being OBSESSED with the warrior and survivor books by Erin something.??? Don’t remover the last name. Anyways, you know they were entertaining if you still remember them as an adult lol.

jkkgron2

Bloodfeather said:

I’ve read warrior cats before. I really enjoyed it!!

The_fishy

Bloodfeather said:

Nice! I used to be very into the Warrior cats and was on that forum for awhile. My parents saved my first drawing and I was 2 at the time...haven’t stopped since!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom