Any Artists Here? - Page 10

Cheesecake

Here are some recent ones.
I'm super happy with how the eagle came out.

MomeWrath

I pulled out the oil pastels yesterday morning. Hadn't touched them in years so the learning curve happened on the leaves. Also 8x10 is a difficult size to get any detail with an instrument that is 3/8" thick... But they came out alright

A201

My wife knows her way around a canvas & recently painted a picture of my Red Zebra Mbuna. The painting was recently displayed at the big "Nature Works Art Show" in Tulsa.

CaptainAquatics

I was playing around with clouds yesterday, I have always been so bad at them but I think it at least somewhat got it! (There are two pictures I did but I don’t have a photo of the second one on me, give me a little bit and I will post it under an edit)

Sorry for the bad lighting of the photo. When I post the second one I will include a better photo of this one.

A little rant about the above piece: That one was also my first time playing around with water and waves. I challenged myself on this piece to do something very odd for myself, in almost all my art there is a main focus then the background is just a plain color so I drew the dragon last and intentionally made it just a silhouette so the “main” focus could be on the moon and the dragon. Not normal for me and it was really hard to not put extra detail into it because I love to do shading and add all the scales and lighting. I told myself to just drop that and do something different. I do think I might make the moon reflection in the water a bit bigger though.... Also not a bad moon shape for no tracing....

A201

Magicpenny75 Really liked your "Flower" pastel. The Red Zebra is also a pastel. When I showed your picture to my wife, she replied " Wow! ".

MomeWrath

A201 said:
Magicpenny75 Really liked your "Flower" pastel. The Red Zebra is also a pastel. When I showed your picture to my wife, she replied " Wow! ".
Well thanks a lot! And please tell your wife I said thank you and I loved her art as well

Frisbee

Working on a mountain range.

This is the pic I’m basing it off of

RikkiTikkii

These are all so nice
I haven’t been drawing recently cause life is just paper after paper

but here’s a sketch I recently did. I might finish it? Who knows

CaptainAquatics

Whenever I can make myself get up to take a photo I will share what I have been working on. I have been trying to challenge myself by doing something other than toothless from httyd. Now that being said he still is my favorite so I am incorporating him in a lot of my nice finished pieces, but for me the focus of those pieces are the trees and grass and even the clouds. There is also one I’m doing that I think is just plain cool that is a mechanical toothless head. I made him entirely of gears and wires and I think it looks really cool. The head is done but now I need to add a neck and some sort of backdrop. Again whenever I can make myself get up to take a photo I will. I was up until midnight last night and my alarm clock (without my knowing) decided to wake me up at 6:30 :/

Frisbee

A little update on my mountain range.

Frisbee

They are coming along, slowly, but coming.

Cheesecake

Frisbee hows it coming?

Another car. Pretty happy with this one. Markers and colored pencils.

Frisbee

sulucanaC said:
Frisbee hows it coming?

Another car. Pretty happy with this one. Markers and colored pencils.
I have taken a brake for a while so I haven’t really made any progress, but I should go back to working on it soon.

Sorg67

Jellibeen said:
Here’s some stuff I painted for work.

My grandfather was the CO of a seabee battalion in North Africa and the Philippine Islands. The following is a plactic mug one of the men he served with painted for him.

Unfortunately I am not much of an artist. But I have great admiration for the talent and discipline required in art.

The_fishy

Painted @Maxxx’s betta, Pixie, using arcylics!

Cherie G

Nice to see this thread is continuing, LOVE seeing what everyone is up to. Please keep sharing!

I have been trying my hand at watercolors, challenging but so fun. If I feel brave maybe I will post some stuff later I found some instructional/demo/paint along videos on youtube from and artist named Sarah Burns that are amazing. She's an awesome teacher, check her out. I liked and learned so much from her videos I ended up becoming a patron for her on Patreon where she has loads more videos & stuff. Hope that will be of interest. Have a great day!

Cherie G

OK, here are the watercolor paint along pictures I did. I am just a beginner at watercolors but am enjoying them so much. Going to do another paint along video probably in a little while, hope it turns out

trahana

I’m an artist that draws and paints zebras and horses. Here’s my favorite works!

Cherie G

Those are beautiful! Very clever

Frisbee

Cherie G said:
OK, here are the watercolor paint along pictures I did. I am just a beginner at watercolors but am enjoying them so much. Going to do another paint along video probably in a little while, hope it turns out
Wow Cherie G, those are really good!

JustAFishServant

Hey all! I'm not sure if many of you know, but I am way into realistic drawing and sketching! I consider myself an "apprentice" artist (If I'm using the Skyrim logic lol!)

This is just a quick sketch I drew a few minutes ago. Not as good as some of my work, but I'm still proud of it!

flyinGourami

Wonderful sketch! I tried getting some photos but that didn't work with a Chromebook camera lol.

The_fishy

I can’t remember if I’ve posted these yet.

Freehand painting using oils.

JustAFishServant

LeahsTank said:
Your story almost sounds like mine. Graduated college with a BFA in Art Education. Taught art for 3 years then realized I didn’t like children. Went back to school for Commercial art. Worked as a graphic designer for many years. Had a boss that had multiple personalities so I quit. I was also very burned out. I actually change my artistic medium every 5-10 years. Played a bit with digital painting, then ceramics/sculpture. I haven’t done much in the last few years. I came down with lymphoma in 2016. I’m in the clear now with no sign of disease but I lost any sense of confidence I had. So now my creative endeavor is to make a beautiful living art piece... or as we call it... a fish tank.
Aww! That looks like my pretty kitty boy, Sebastian! You would never meet a nicer cat, especially since he was severely abused when he was a kitten!

trahana

The_fishy I’m a digital artist as well as a carpenter, and I like your pencil.

Greenfungaloo

i do digital art, lol. I tried pencil but i can never make anything satisfactory. here are some pictures!

a random eye, i like how it turned out tho!

a hand...

some clothes... I was going to add the person, but now im not sure whether i really want to finish it....

some more abstract-ish art... im prob never going to do that again.

sorry, i had to take the pictures on my computer, of my ipad, it turned out kinda weird.
please be nice, I only do this a little hobby, and nothing more. I am not an actual artist, so please dont judge me like that.

The_fishy

Doodled some on my new laptop. I think I might use this style for a comic or something.

Greenfungaloo

The_fishy said:
Doodled some on my new laptop. I think I might use this style for a comic or something.
thats really good!!

The_fishy

Greenfungaloo said:
thats really good!!
Thanks! I was going to turn it more realistic, but then I decided I liked that sketchy look.

redmare

I've been trying to draw and paint fish lately but with not much success. I seem to have a very niche talent of horse portraits in graphite! I can't do anything with colour!

julifhy

I love sketching and doodling, but I can’t commit to finishing anything lol. I can either draw realistically or just doodle whatever comes into my mind:

I’m also planning on making an Etsy or just using my Depop account to sell jewelry, keychains, and magnets I’m planning on making over summer . I’m pretty excited about it because I have tons of ideas for them lol .

BettaFett

DioAquatics said:
As the title states, are there any artists on here? I myself am an artist, or at least I used to be. I used to draw all the time in middle and high school. I also went to college for visual arts and graduated with my associates in arts. I personally like pencil drawing and painting with acrylic paints. I stopped drawing and painting a couple years back but I'm trying to get into it. I had a bunch of extra canvases and paint from my painting days (they were surprisingly still good). I want this thread to be for anyone who is artist and wants to share pictures of their work. I will be sharing pictures of my work when I finish them.
I am! Both in writing and painting/drawing. I haven't truly dove into painted in a while but I try lol

The_fishy

Working on a new digital drawing and trying out a different program on my new computer.

The_fishy

Finished!

AquaCaitlin

Ooh I’m just now finding this thread! I venture into artsy stuff off and on. Here’s some of my stuff.

Graphite and Watercolor Pieces

Acrylic Paintings and Projects

Frisbee

Decided to sit down and do some school. look up at the clock an hour later and realize I haven’t done any school yet and there are little anime people doodles all over my graph pad, hmmm...

FinalFins

The_fishy said:
Working on a new digital drawing and trying out a different program on my new computer.

Hey... I use that program to draw too great for photoshop and drawing

The_fishy

FinalFins said:
Hey... I use that program to draw too great for photoshop and drawing
I’m liking it so far! It seems to be pretty user friendly. It doesn’t do as much as GIMP (besides the perspective features), which is what I was using before, but my laptop pen stopped wanting to work with that. I do have a Wacom that I can still use for that program though, the laptop pen is more of a convenience thing.

Frisbee

Still haven’t gotten any school done...

FinalFins

The_fishy said:
I’m liking it so far! It seems to be pretty user friendly. It doesn’t do as much as GIMP (besides the perspective features), which is what I was using before, but my laptop pen stopped wanting to work with that. I do have a Wacom that I can still use for that program though, the laptop pen is more of a convenience thing.
So far I havent gotten a laptop pen but I just use a number 2 pencil and it works fine for me

Well I draw pokemon. Not that much anymore that lockdown is in place.

Ta-doo. Could be better, more detail is needed for the thing around the neck'
I'm a very cartoony drawer.

I prefer ballpoint pen on Autodesk.

supposed to be flareon, looks like a high rabbit

flyinGourami

I figured I'de share since its one of the only things i can really take a picture of and upload here. Sorry that the photo is really bad

Cheesecake

FinalFins said:
So far I havent gotten a laptop pen but I just use a number 2 pencil and it works fine for me

Pretty sure I already posted this, but I sometimes (twice) draw Pokemon.

Just some markers and pens. I wish I was better with watercolor. Ya'll's pics have been making me jealous.

The_fishy

FinalFins said:

Nice! I find I prefer the pencil, marker, and airbrush.

Liv2011

I can draw and paint. (I might dig up some stuff later.) I also write....which means I also have probably over a hundred sketches of characters.

I play piano as well.

RikkiTikkii

you guys are reminding me I haven’t drawn in almost a month lol whoops

Greenfungaloo

RikkiTikkii said:
you guys are reminding me I haven’t drawn in almost a month lol whoops
lol, I've never been able to hold off for that long... my notebooks always become mysteriously filled with sketches I wonder how

RikkiTikkii

Greenfungaloo said:
lol, I've never been able to hold off for that long... my notebooks always become mysteriously filled with sketches I wonder how
Yeah I got to love having no motivation to do anything hilarious art ruts suck

Greenfungaloo

RikkiTikkii said:
Yeah I got to love having no motivation to do anything hilarious art ruts suck
oof. those are always annoying. Guess I have a reason to thank my school now, lol

Pandurs

So much amazing work here! You guys are awesome! I do some drawing as well, but its been on hold while I create resin pieces!

AquaCaitlin

Painted an apple... don’t know what’s going on with the background lol.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom