Any Artemia Fans?

TheeLadyG

So, I picked up a microscope kit for cheap and don't ya know, it came with some artemia eggs. I have gone down the whole brine shrimp raising rabbit hole (which I may make a separate post about) but I was wondering if anybody else here is crazy for artemia. Personally I think they're delightful. I had some Sea Monkeys once upon a time but like so many, they came to a bad end and I gave up.

There is surprisingly little info about keeping artemia like pets; it's either "industrial scale type hatching for foods" or "they lived a week." I'd love to dish with other artemia lovers and talk technique/discoveries about these fascinating little creatures.

TheeLadyG

TheeLadyG said:
So, I picked up a microscope kit for cheap and don't ya know, it came with some artemia eggs. I have gone down the whole brine shrimp raising rabbit hole (which I may make a separate post about) but I was wondering if anybody else here is crazy for artemia. Personally I think they're delightful. I had some Sea Monkeys once upon a time but like so many, they came to a bad end and I gave up.

There is surprisingly little info about keeping artemia like pets; it's either "industrial scale type hatching for foods" or "they lived a week." I'd love to dish with other artemia lovers and talk technique/discoveries about these fascinating little creatures.
A little bump for the day crowd

jjohnwm

Sea Monkeys! Of all the things I did as a kid that drove my parents crazy, Sea Monkeys had to be right up there near the top...right alongside the pregnant Garter Snake that gave birth to a couple dozen babies who were small enough to escape the mom's tank...

Why not give Triops a try? They're freshwater Fairy Shrimp, much easier to keep alive relatively long term than salt-water Artemia. Very cool little critters. Hatch 'em out, quickly get over the horror of watching them eat each other no matter how much food you give them, grow them to adult size of 1.5 inches within only a couple of months.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom