Any Advice?

Esli

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Does anyone have any advice on how to cover this hole? Like what should I use to block it. I want to leave a little space for the heater & small tube line.
The space is there for a filter but i want to cover both of them up so I won't be with the worry of my fish jumping out
Thanks!

Attachments

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Black duct tape. Use two strips: one long enough to cover the gap, the other a few inches longer than that. Put them sticky side together, then use the resulting patch to cover your hole.

Esli

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
maggie thecat said:
Black duct tape. Use two strips: one long enough to cover the gap, the other a few inches longer than that. Put them sticky side together, then use the resulting patch to cover your hole.
I would've never thought of that!! Thanks so much!

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You're welcome. I keep a roll in my fish drawer. That and sheets of plastic craft netting. 101 uses.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Was gonna say tape. I’ve done it. What I’ve also done is plastic eaves trough screen. I use it for my crab so that she still gets air but she can’t get out. I also hung plants from it so it looks kinda cool. but duck tape was my first idea.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah a lot of kits these days, have that "feeding hole", but are a bit small eh?

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was going to suggest spare filter sponges, still promotes a bit of gas exchange - never a bad thing.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom