Anumbias On Fake Driftwood

1. DirtyEw0k

DirtyEw0k Valued Member Member

Will anubias stick to fake driftwood that you buy at fish stores in their decor section or does it have to be real wood? I'd like to put some anubias in my betta tank but i'm not trying to go full out into a planted tank with him. At least not right now. I don't have the money to set up a planted tank.

2. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

It can be attached to anything.

3. Simon711

Simon711 Valued Member Member

Yes, You can attach it using thread, super glue (use the gel kind where the main ingredient is cyanoacrylate) just don't use a lot because it dries white, or fishing line. Anubias can attach to anything. I have mine attached to a rock using the super glue method and I am really enjoying it. You can also try to just wedge the Anubius right into a crook of the drift wood if you can and skip all of the previously mentioned methods. Hope this helps!

4. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well Known Member Member

A Java fern would be cool too but ya tie the annabis into a clump and silicone it to the wood hand it upside down with the plant in the water while it dries completely

5. OP
    OP
    DirtyEw0k

DirtyEw0k Valued Member Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I have it on real driftwood in my planted tank. Both anubias and java fern but i want something simple in my betta tank. I don't want real driftwood cuz it would be hard to get any tannins out with my sponge filter lol i'd love java fern but its too tall for this tank. Thinking of some Anubias petite. I already got moss balls for him