Anubias

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Discus-Tang, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

So today I'm gonna go to my lfs and get some low light plants for my betta tank. The tank is currently still being treated for ich/fin rot. Will the malachite green kill the plants?

I also just wanted to double check if I can get away with natural light and house lights only for the anubias. I have fertiliser as well.

2. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

I think it would be fine, however I haven't used this specific medication with live plants before though so I would recommend another member confirm this.
    What is the natural light you are talking about? Is the tank positioned near a window?

3. OP
    OP
    Discus-Tang

yes the tank is next to the window. There are house lights that are on sometimes as well.

I got some java moss. If I anchor it onto the driftwood on which the Anubis sits will it take over?

4. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

If it is lit by window light it should be fine. It is possible the moss could cover the anubias, but if you periodically trim it when it gets too close you should be fine.

5. OP
    OP
    Discus-Tang

Nevermind the anubias was too expensive so I got a val.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice