Anubias suggestions

Muskies85

Reaction score
Hi guys. Never used real plants before. Just bought some java fern from @FishGirl115. Now I’m looking for some Anubias. I do like the look of the nana and nana gold. I like the smaller more dense types of Anubias. I was thinking the java fern for the mid to background and then the Anubias to attach to some wood and rock in the foreground. Any one have any suggestions on cool types of Anubias you recommend or where you would buy it from? I posted here earlier on want to buy but no response yet. Thanks!

12Cin12

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I usually end up buying throwing some anubias in my cart if I purchase fish online. Aquaticarts.com has some or maybe Aquarium co-op.com. You could also check out the AquaSwap subreddit. Anubias is very slow to propagate, which may be why youre having some trouble finding it from personal people. That being said, I've gotten some very good quality plants from my Fishlore friends so I definitely recommend checking here first!

OP
Muskies85

Muskies85

Reaction score
Never heard of aquaswap. I’ll take a look at that. I have been looking on aquabid. I like that site, bought my corys from there. Thanks for the replies.

12Cin12

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I guess I'm a little confused. Who would pay $63 for one pot? This has got to be for more than one plant. 4 plants maybe...

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would never pay $63 for an anubia; however he is ordering more than one pot. His basket contains 5 plants. Still I would call the selection boring and perhaps overpriced.

Anubias Coffeefolia (lowest on the list)
Anubias barteri var. glabra (very high on the list)
Anubias Nana Pinto (can be difficult to find)
Anubias Afzelii
---
There are lots of anubias and i'm sure others are fantastic.

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Some very good sellers on ebay and some crappy ones. I prefer the ones in nj and florida; and dislike 3 or 4 in california. go for folks with more than 1000 reviews and rating greater than 97%. Very happy with several sellers in NJ. Also @Vishaquatics sells plants but not sure if he sells anubias.

Muskies85 said:
Ok thank you very much. Yes this was for 5
Pots. I’m actually looking into a guy on eBay.

OP
Muskies85

Muskies85

Reaction score
Thanks Jake. I was looking at marcusplants in Texas. Seems legit. Guy has already emailed me
Back too. It’s all about the customer service!

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No clue never used him - i avoid texas. too hot.

Muskies85 said:
Thanks Jake. I was looking at marcusplants in Texas. Seems legit. Guy has already emailed me
Back too. It’s all about the customer service!

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jake37 said:
Some very good sellers on ebay and some crappy ones. I prefer the ones in nj and florida; and dislike 3 or 4 in california. go for folks with more than 1000 reviews and rating greater than 97%. Very happy with several sellers in NJ. Also @Vishaquatics sells plants but not sure if he sells anubias.
Unfortunately, I don't stock anubias since it grows too slow, but I do carry a variety of other easy beginner plants.

Fishcatzpets

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Muskies85 said:
Hi guys. Never used real plants before. Just bought some java fern from @FishGirl115. Now I’m looking for some Anubias. I do like the look of the nana and nana gold. I like the smaller more dense types of Anubias. I was thinking the java fern for the mid to background and then the Anubias to attach to some wood and rock in the foreground. Any one have any suggestions on cool types of Anubias you recommend or where you would buy it from? I posted here earlier on want to buy but no response yet. Thanks!
I like anubias nanji, coffefolia, barteri, and anubias nana petite. I get all my plants from aquariumplants.com but just be warned- they have snails.

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
One seller i would recommend esp for anubias is dustinfishtanks Their plants tend to be quite a bit larger than average. I cannot say if this is always the case or just now during the panademic but having purcahsed plants from several places the ones i got there (specificially anubias) have been 2x to 3x larger than other places.

OP
Muskies85

Muskies85

Reaction score
Yea I think that dustins fish tanks is pretty close to my house as well. I’ll check that site out as well

mimo91088

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just trimmed you a piece each of anubias nana and nana petite. Let's make sure they don't die first before I ship them, but hit me up with a PM. If they don't die they're yours free of charge.
20200801_175846.jpg

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would take effort and very sharp razor blade but you could carefully slice the wood to the thinnest sliver to remove it. Me - i never bother gluing my plants. I believe plants deserve the same freedom as the fishes ;)

Nickguy5467 said:
do do what i did? and use way too much glue to the point you're afraid you will tear it to shreads if you try to move it

IMG_20200731_183014902.jpg

OP
Muskies85

Muskies85

Reaction score
Oh I would have certainly thought I would need to use a lot. So what your telling me is a little dab goes along way hahaha. What’s the best method on placement? If I want to attach it to driftwood do I have to take the wood out first? I really don’t wanna have to do that. Or can you put the glue on the plant or wood while it’s under water. Hope that makes sense haha

New Threads