Anubias Rotting

Nathan_betta3010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi this is my first planted tank and I just took my anubias plant out of the water and it seems the core of it is rotting. It smells weird and all the leaves and stems connected to it come off easily without any force. I don’t have it buried under any substrate what can I do to save it?
IMG_3748.JPG

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How old is the plants? It’s possible that it’s adjusting to its new environment.

dinosaur act

Valued Member
Reaction score
id be very surprised if you manage to save this plant.

The rot looks as if it is all the way along the rizone. as suggested cutting off the rot may help but looking at the picture this will prove hard. if it was me id try to rinse it off in some tank water or under a running tap to see how far the rizone has rotted. hopefully some of it may be salvageable. Using a small power head may help remove some of the rot as well, but it will of course be in the water column.

The reasoning to the rot could be, as suggested above 'new environment' (shock) or if you have had the plant a while could be due to a flow issues around the rizone.

hope you manage to save some of it, best of luck!

Nathan_betta3010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Most of the rhizome came off. The plant was new, I put it in my tank along with 2 other anubias plants about 2 weeks ago. The other 2 are completely fine. This was the only that had rotting.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom