Anubias Nangi Photos Or Details?

1. Shivermetimbers

Shivermetimbers Valued Member Member

So my kiddo's picked me up a new plant when they went to the store to get some supplies. It's a tissue culture cup of Anubias Nangi. I haven't put it in the tank yet but did some research and seem to get very different descriptions of what this will grow into. Some reports make it sound as if it will stay smaller like nana or even petite, others say it's a larger variety that will reach over 12" tall. Anyone have experience with this variety and like to share some photos or details? Based on the size of the tissue culture it appears it will stay small but I don't want to have to move it if it is going to get taller eventually.

2. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

3. OP
    OP
    Shivermetimbers

Thanks...I seemed to find more claims of it being small than large. It looks like it would be small, but seems like different vendors put this thing all over the size map. Saw some comparing it to petite, some saying it's close to nana size (3-5"), some saying around 8", then at least one saying 12". Oh well, guess I will try and attach it to a small stone which I can easily move if it decides it wants to turn into a big version.

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Is it alright if i piggyback of this post, since Im also looking for info about it.

Has anyone got nana and nangi; and is willing to compare them? I've never seen anyone that has both, so never purchased nangi in case it was some dealer decided on a 'name change' for increased sales.

5. SLeroux

SLeroux Valued Member Member

I think they are bigger than petite. Have one in my tank. I'd say a few inches tall. Lights are off right now but will post a picture when they are back on later.

6. SLeroux

Here's what mine looks like! IMG_20180623_184826.jpg

7. aussieJJDude

Not to be demanding... but you also dont happen to have nana?

8. SLeroux

Definitely not demanding and yes I do! One caveat is I've had the Nangi for a year and the Nana for a couple months.
    IMG_20180623_194031.jpg

9. aussieJJDude

Finally a comparison! *throws hands up in the air* Woohoo!

Thanks for that! So it does look like nangi just has pointer leaves and grows slightly larger than nana.

10. SLeroux

In my experience yes! Nangi is very hardy. Good luck with yours.

11. OP
    OP
    Shivermetimbers

Thanks for all the info, and feel free to piggyback away :p

Here is the nangi that was in the tissue culture cup.
    20180624_202439.jpg
    All nice and green with thick rhizomes several leaves ready to open up. I will see how well it adapts to tank life. Nice and sturdy though. I tried 2 smaller ones to a rock and tucked the other 2 in some nooks in some driftwood. Hopefully the fish leave those alone so they can secure themselves.