Anubias Nana with White spots (large)

Perry15

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have decided to make my own aquascape with a 20 Gal long, with mainly Anubias, and Java Fern. Lighting will be a Current USA satellite + LED fixture. I am holding my Anubias, that I got from my LFS, in a BBT, so my fish in my 125 don't eat the blooms. Filter is Fluval C3 PF.

When I got the 2 Anubias nana's from the store, the one with the flower had white spots. They look quite larger in person than in the pictures. I decided to purchase it, but research what it may be. Of course, my problem seemed to be a little different then what showed up on google, as usual. So IF this specific problem has already been discussed, I'm sorry.

Also, I had this Anubias in my tank for a while, and it has been doing great, but the rubber bands holding it snapped. I repositioned it to "hold" itself on a bump in the wood. Since the rhizome is covered, will it slowly die? Or will the space below it be enough for it to breathe?

Help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to the forum. Are the white spots on any of the other leaves or just that one.? Does it wipe off with you finger tips or do the spots feel indented like the leaf has been damaged?. Could it be damage from something that had grazed on the top of the leaf? Alison

Perry15

Reaction score
The white spots are mainly on the one leaf. A few stray on another. They have not gotten smaller or bigger since the post, and cannot rub off. The fish in the tank at the LFS were endlers. No indents, just like it was painted.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could just clip off that damaged leaf and just keep an eye on it. The rest of it looks really healthy. Alison

Brook16

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Not to hijack the original thread, but I have a similar issue with my nana petite...

leaf.JPG

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom