Anubias Nana with White spots (large)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Perry15, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Perry15New MemberMember

Hey everyone,

I have decided to make my own aquascape with a 20 Gal long, with mainly Anubias, and Java Fern. Lighting will be a Current USA satellite + LED fixture. I am holding my Anubias, that I got from my LFS, in a BBT, so my fish in my 125 don't eat the blooms. Filter is Fluval C3 PF.

When I got the 2 Anubias nana's from the store, the one with the flower had white spots. They look quite larger in person than in the pictures. I decided to purchase it, but research what it may be. Of course, my problem seemed to be a little different then what showed up on google, as usual. So IF this specific problem has already been discussed, I'm sorry.

Also, I had this Anubias in my tank for a while, and it has been doing great, but the rubber bands holding it snapped. I repositioned it to "hold" itself on a bump in the wood. Since the rhizome is covered, will it slowly die? Or will the space below it be enough for it to breathe?

Help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Bump!

Thanks!

Ken

3. alirayFishlore VIPMember

welcome to the forum. Are the white spots on any of the other leaves or just that one.? Does it wipe off with you finger tips or do the spots feel indented like the leaf has been damaged?. Could it be damage from something that had grazed on the top of the leaf? Alison

4. Perry15New MemberMember

The white spots are mainly on the one leaf. A few stray on another. They have not gotten smaller or bigger since the post, and cannot rub off. The fish in the tank at the LFS were endlers. No indents, just like it was painted.

5. alirayFishlore VIPMember

You could just clip off that damaged leaf and just keep an eye on it. The rest of it looks really healthy. Alison

6. Brook16New MemberMember

Not to hijack the original thread, but I have a similar issue with my nana petite...

leaf.JPG

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice