Anubias Nana 'snow White'

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Currently i've had a Anubias Nana 'Snow White' in my possesion for about a year now. I just want to bring attention to this awesome cultivar since it's not readily owned. One of the things i didn't have much faith in was it keeping its white color, but in fact the leaves appear to turn more white as they get older. The only thing i noticed was that it does like a bit higher light than most anubis species and a higher dosing of ferts. Probably due to the lack of chlorophyll. While i think this is still an easy plant to care for, it's definetly one of the less hardy anubias species. I don't have pictures, but it looks really good among buce, especially the darker purples.

edit: just purchased a white variety of ludwigia, another very cool looking plant.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It has issues converting needed nutrients with white leaves making it harder to care for and keep alive in the process (so some green leaves on it are useful for the plant as a whole to produce needed nutrients that it can store and use in the rhizome).

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, the white cultivars of anubias are amazing. I will mention that if they dont receive proper conditions, the leaves will become a lot more greener in appearence.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom