Question Anubias Nana lookin kinda dirty

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
looks like its also trying to grab on something. maybe im not good at plant location placement

IMG_20200731_183014902.jpg

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The algae hair growth is normal if the anubias is placed directly under lighting. Mine did the same thing and the edges started to yellow & deteriorate, I was able to quickly save the leaves by placing the plant in shade and now it sprouts a new stem weekly. Also, the roots attaching to the wood is good sign, I would just try to add shade by either moving the piece or add some floating plants above the anubias

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Blueberrybetta said:
The algae hair growth is normal if the anubias is placed directly under lighting. Mine did the same thing and the edges started to yellow & deteriorate, I was able to quickly save the leaves by placing the plant in shade and now it sprouts a new stem weekly. Also, the roots attaching to the wood is good sign, I would just try to add shade by either moving the piece or add some floating plants above the anubias
id like to move it but unfortunately im an idiot and used way too much glue. glued the rhizome , the short roots it had to the wood and im assuming any attemped at moving will just rip the plant in half leaving a glue stain with plant matter.. sigh

edit: i did dim my lights a bit. not sure how that is going to affect co2 comsumption or my other plants that are equally browning so maybe this is a good thing? i have an amazon sword that has grown really tall , it wouldnt surprise me if it hit the top of the tank in a week. dwarf sag, and java moss on a tree. oh and some Monte Carlo that i dont know if is even trying to stay alive or not

ignore the bottles 1596247360254.png this is an older photo but the plants are in the same spots

New Threads