Anubias melting

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Kimberly4403, Jul 30, 2015.

1. K

Kimberly4403 Well Known Member Member

I replanted all my plants from my 40g into my 75g tank last sunday and dosed with flourish 1 cap full which was less then recommended but i thought plants would need an adjustment time as ive never used flourish or any other ferts in my low light setup. All my plants (hair grass, val, banana lillies, elodia etc) seem to love the extra nutrients except my anubias who i noticed today has started to melt... Is this just an adjustment period or something else..ill cut the melting leaves of on weekend during water change.. Should i continue to dose 1 cap after each water change or every second week?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Please complete your Aquarium Profile Information. To access the Profile, click on Forum Action in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on Edit Profile. Be sure to hit SAVE when you re done.

Some plants are not a fan of change and uprooting them can cause the plant to go into another adjustment period. I would clip off any dead/melting leaves. Give the plant some time and you should, hopefully, see new growth before long.

Dose the ferts according to the directions on the label is my best advice. I use Flourish Comprehensive, Excel, Iron, Potassium, in my tank for my Anubias with no issues yet these plants have been in place for a very long time, in my refugiums. It is rare that I have to give them any attention at all.

One tip, do not put any of the fertilizers directly onto the plants. If you do, make sure the plant is still under water so that the ferts get diluted.

Hold on for more responses.

Ken

3. OP
    OP
    K

To do my profile though i need to be on a web browser on a computer.. All i use is the fish lore app

4. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    K

So ive started cutting off any dying melting leaves but have also noticed my anubias leaves are becoming wrinkled around the edges?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice