Anubia Flower!

Hill Dweller

Well Known
I didn't know these plants flowered!

Check this pre-attached-to-wood jobby I picked up today for Mr Betta, it has a spunky flower!

He likes his new digs :)

Do I just snip off the flower stem when it starts to look spent? Will it go brown or something?

Attachments

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Yup, just snip it off at the base of the stem once it starts looking wilted.

OP
Hill Dweller

Hill Dweller

Well Known
grantm91 said:
Lucky I never had one of those
It probably won't ever flower again in my low tech set up, haha! I should take lots of pictures :)

The Senator

Hill Dweller said:
It probably won't ever flower again in my low tech set up, haha! I should take lots of pictures :)
No I believe you will continue to see regular blooms - in my set up, water changes trigger the blooms.

Also.. I do not trI'm the flowers - I simply let them dissolve.

Zahc

Well Known
I love Anubias flowers! I have 7-8 Anubias in my 75G and I often have atleast one flower. I've been lucky enough to have 4 plants flowering at one time though, I wish I had a photo on my phone to add ! I agree water changes are key to making these plants flower.

OP
Hill Dweller

Hill Dweller

Well Known
Zahc said:
I love Anubias flowers! I have 7-8 Anubias in my 75G and I often have atleast one flower. I've been lucky enough to have 4 plants flowering at one time though, I wish I had a photo on my phone to add ! I agree water changes are key to making these plants flower.
Gosh that must look amazing! I shall live in hope then!

allllien

Well Known
Zahc said:
I think warmer water is too, mine are in cold water and rarely flower.

OP
Hill Dweller

Hill Dweller

Well Known
Fanatic said:
What kind of anubias is it?
It didn't say on the tag, unfortunately
:-(
However the leaves are a bit bigger and longer/oval shaped than the other Anubis Nana I have in my other tank

Zahc

Well Known
allllien said:
I think warmer water is too, mine are in cold water and rarely flower.
That is definitely possible, and I've never actually thought about temperature. My tank sits at around 78-80 and in summer can hit 84+ during the day, so they are certainly warm year round.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Hill Dweller said:
It didn't say on the tag, unfortunately
:-(
However the leaves are a bit bigger and longer/oval shaped than the other Anubis Nana I have in my other tank
I think that's the kind.

I had one attached to a huge driftwood piece when I bought mine.

New Threads