Antisocial Corydoras

nj278

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi! Unfortunately I am down to one corydoras. I had six, but I think something in my water changed and killed all except one. Even before they got sick, my corys never used to school. A couple were quite adventurous, but mostly they kept to themselves. Now, the one who is left is more active than they ever were before. It used to spend all day jammed between some rocks and only come out at night. Now, it is always swimming around the tank, and digging in the sand. It also loves to swim up the sides of the tank (I think it's realised that its the biggest fish in the tank haha). Does anyone have any similar stories? Does my cory just not like others, or is it looking for a friend or something? I am a bit reluctant to get more, as it seems so much happier than it ever was, and there are usually dead fish (especially corys) in the tanks at my lfs.

Thank you!

Debbie1986

Well Known
Reaction score
"Now, it is always swimming around the tank, and digging in the sand. It also loves to swim up the sides of the tank (I think it's realised that its the biggest fish in the tank haha) "

that's their normal behavior. They will do it solo or in pairs. I have had 5 swim that way all together. They look for each other.

Now, since it's a community tank, they do get confused and try to swim with other species fish, which is kind of funny to watch... the other fish is like 'who are you?'

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Like JettsPapa said, if its doing fine(in fact it sounds like the one left is doing better) and you feel hesitant to get more, than I think its fine to not get more.

New Threads