Antibiotics docxcycline?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Angels4, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Angels4

Angels4 Valued Member Member

Does anyone use docxcycline in your tanks ? If so what for ? There is a bottle for sale that I wonder if I need to get to have on hand ?

2. Beeker

Beeker Well Known Member Member

Most problems could be remedied with water changes. You certainly wouldn't want to use meds if you can avoid it. Having it on hand would make it too easy to jump in to using it unnecessarily. Just my :;2cents

3. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well Known Member Member

Not something I have ever seen or used, tho im aware of it and have read up on it. Just not a big one that people use a lot as far as I know. Read up on it, our advice is either the same thing you would read or most often usually limited to personal experience.

4. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I have never used it. Really the meds I keep on hand are prazipro, methane blue, and furan 2. Almost all of my petstore fish that I have bought have internal parasites so I use prazi pro often enough in quarantine tank with new fish. I only have the other two because my betta had issues a while ago with fungas, and healing scales. For the most part keeping on top of my water parameters seems to keep my fish pretty healthy.

5. BriLandy

BriLandy Well Known Member Member

Have a prescription for my skin, haven't ever used that in a tank

6. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well Known Member Member

If you want to try it, it may work even better then the oldschool oxytetracycline. You could also use Minocycline. All of these are pretty reliable broad spectrum antibiotics, tho they all work best in Softer water lower PH than most of us have in the states, so you would always try to put them in food.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice