Another stocking question.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by flyin-lowe, Mar 25, 2010.

1. f

flyin-lowe Well Known Member Member

Most of you have read at least one of the many threads I have going throughout this forum. My 120g planted tank is now officially cycled and ready for fish. My plans for stocking are corries, cardinal tetras, and angel fish. I new the cardinals and angels needed to go into an established tank. I was just reading up on the corries ( that I planned to add tomorrow) and found out that they too don't do real well in a new tank. I don't really want to go buy some fish and then take them back in a month or two, so what would you add first or what advice do you have. Anything else that I could start off with that will be compatible with the angels and cardinals.
    Thanks again.

2. s

shadow2 Valued Member Member

My 2 peppered cories did fine in my new tank, I even took them out after one day and transferred then to another new tank because my betta was stealing all their food. Maybe I was just lucky? Not sure tho because I am new to fish keeping. I love my little cories, planning on getting a Julii soon.

Good luck!

3. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

are the cards big enough to coexist with the angels? I may want to try this some time. (Sorry, I didn't answer your question, I asked you my own)

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I think your cories will do fine in your tank. It all depends on how one keeps up with his/her water changes and stabilize their water parameters. I did fine with my cories in my new established tank a year ago. :) It's just your cardinals and angel will have to wait a lil' longer... Best of luck! :;hf

You can get cardinals at any size. It's just that you have to get a juvy Angel to prevent it from eating the cardinals. Better to get the cardinals first before getting the Angel.

5. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

If the plants are established & growing you have a big advantage in that they will help keep the water quality in good condition. So long as things are stable the Corys should be fine. I find the more common ones like Pepper & Leopard Corys are actually pretty hardy compared to the likes of Panda or Adolf's Corys.

If you are really worried about maturing the tank then get some slow surface fish like Guppies. They will be easy to catch when it's time for you to add the Angels & Cardinals.

6. OP
    OP
    f

flyin-lowe Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the input, I will probably go ahead and get the corries today.

Meenu, from what I have read the cardinal tetras get a little bigger then neons and have coexisted with angels. You have to watch when you buy them because they look about the same but the stripe is different. Look at some pics on here and you will be able to see the difference. Of course I am going to add the cardinals first and the angels will be small.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice