Another Sad Post :o( (Renewed)

1. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

I just read an article in a foreign newspaper (written in another language so I cannot scan it and post it here). However the source of this article is our DEA. So I went on DEA news website and found the information provided in English. Everyone should know about this.

If you think painting fish is terrible, wait till you hear this story. I can't believe what people are willing to do for money. And how blinded they are by money, and how insensitive to animal suffering. Whenever I think that "I just have found out some terrible news", there's always other news ahead, worse than the previous one(s). Where does it all end?

Guess who they use as "mules" to smuggle drugs from Colombia to U.S.A.? Puppies, small Labrador puppies. They cut their bellies and implant packages with drugs inside of them. Then close the bellies up and they fly these puppies to New York via regular passenger airplanes. They have smuggled many kilograms of drugs this way, worth millions of dollars. When the puppies are in the US, they cut their bellies open and remove the packages. Then they kill the puppies and throw them out in garbage cans. I can't even write about this anymore ... :'( They all deserve to get a life sentence in prison.

I leave the rest to you. Here is the article: http://www.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr020106.html

EDIT (August 28, 2007): Hello everyone, once again. This is a very old thread but we have many new members now. I thought I'd post something here so that it would come up on the top of the board again. I want as many people as possible to know about this horrible animal cruelty.

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Re: Another Sad Post :eek:(

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    that's so sad! I'm not a big fan of dogs, but still...
    !!!!

3. Marc Well Known Member Member

That is just plain horrible and disgusting. Anyone who does this cannot have a conscience.

4. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

that is sick disgustingand wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor dogs :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

That is so indescribably awful!!
    Carol

6. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:'(

This is so sad and sick.  I am like Emma and don't have a particular fondness for dogs (afraid of them), but cruelty is cruelty and beyond tolerance.  Truly they do belong on death row with a very short time to wait for their sentence to be carried out.  They don't give those animals long to live.  

Now that our government knows that this is going on perhaps they will go ahead and do something to help these poor animals.  I would be very upset with them if I found they did not.  If it were people dealing with this type of problem, it would be not time at all and there would be help of all kinds offerred on their behalf.

Rose
    :'( :'(

7. dano569 Member Member

that is disgusting.people have no respect for anything anymore.if they can make a buck they don't care how much something suffers.the same goes for cows,and chickens,and any other animal being kept for food, it should made as comfortable as possible while it lives,but that would cost more money,so until they are made to do it they really don't care.i don't want anybody to think bad of me but i have no feelings for people who abuse animals of any kind or kill them for no reason. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

You're right Dano. It is all very sad and disappointing.

9. Craig Well Known Member Member

My aunty woke up this morning to find her labrador dead in its kennel she said it was howlin and was sick last nite but the vet said that it was probably sumthin she eat when my uncle went out 2 feed her she was curled up in her sleepin position stone cold though so sad i loved that dog! :'( :'( :'( :'(

C W :'(

10. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry about the dog Craig. :'(
    And well said dano. Just lemme git my hands on one a those cruel people... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:'(

Craig-

I am so sorry to hear about your Labrador. It may have belonged to your aunt, but you obviously were attached to it. It is always a sad thing to lose a pet, but we can remember the fine times we had with them always and they are always with us.

My sincere sympathies,

Rose
    :(

12. whatsafish7 Member Member

hello i am sorry for your dog. everybody is right but wrong in a way. I agree with everybody about being mad at tjeese people for doing harmful stuff to theese dogs and everything but do the people who did this need to be killed. i know everybody is mad and so am i. I thin those men should be locked up in jail for the rest of their lives but i dont think they shoukld be killed. I know they killed dogs just to make money and that is sad but they still have a right to live dont you think so. well it is just opinoion anyway

13. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

By saying that they deserve a life sentence, I meant "being locked away in a prison for the rest of their lives". I did NOT mean capital punishment - which is the killing of prisoners. I am not for capital punishment ... but this is an entirely separate issue in its own right. So let us not start a debate about capital punishment, as there are many people who favor it as well as those who are against it - and both sides having good arguments for their preferences. So, just so you know ... I didn't mean "killing" the prisoners, as I am against ANY killing of human and animal life.

14. Jon Well Known Member Member

thats sick... how do the dogs live through the flight with slashed up stomachs... i would think they would die almost instantly

15. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

They're not travelling with slashed up stomachs. It's much like neutering/spaying a cat or a dog. They open their stomachs, insert the drugs, stitch the stomachs up and wait until it heals enough to travel. After they're in the US they slice the stomachs open, take the drugs out, and "get rid" of the dogs as if they were garbage. Yes, this is what "intelligent" human beings, a "higher" life form, do.

16. Jon Well Known Member Member

poor puppies. why couldnt they just feed the dogs the drugs and let them poop it out... surely there are some materials they could use that wont be digested... or better yet get real jobs and stop killing puppies. id feel better if they used rabid dogs on the verge of death. do they?

17. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

No, they SHOULD NOT use ANY animals whatsoever for a purpose like this one. What the heck do animals have to do with drugs? This is pure animal cruelty and human ruthlessness in its crudest form. I am shocked at what people are willing to do for money. What shocks me even more is that they exhibit absolutely no remorse or any feelings. This is just indescribable.

18. Jon Well Known Member Member

agreed but im just saying why do the drug dealers have to cut open the dogs?

19. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Because I don't think a dog could hold the "poop" (pardon the word) inside for such a long time as the trip requires. Human mules can do that. But when a dog as to go, it has to go.

20. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Ever seen the movie "Maria Full of Grace"? It shows pretty well what a mule's job is.