Another round of "Name that Ancistrus."

CHJ

I stumbled across this pic of an Ancistrus like I have never seen before. https://imperioaquatico.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/1324c-rep02.jpg
Spanish is one of a few languages I have failed to learn so I have no idea what it says.. unless that is Portuguese. There are odd things sticking off the letters so I'm changing my guess to Portuguese.
My Google Fu was also too weak to find another pic like it or the same pic at a different site.

Whatever it is I want it.

BigManAquatics

Freshwater exotics often has some oddball plecos, maybe there?

CHJ

Nope (cool site though). As it maybe the only pic on the internet of that fish you can bet no one in the US has it for sale.
Stingray Stingray Aquarium wouldn't even have it, not that they answer email.
That fish is hidden off in some mountain pleco ninja fortress is my bet. I'm pretty sure it is not Ancistrus Photoshopius.
Unfortunately the Portuguese is not even a clue as I think that language is spread by plecos, so where the plecos are the language is, so you can't weed out any countries.

I did send the pic to my LFS guy and asked him to try to get a price on those. We'll see how good his "guy" in South America is.

BigManAquatics

I screenshotted the pic as well, one of my LFSs keeps a pleco catalog. Might have him something to keep busy with for a bit! Also, one of his employees is big into plecos, so he might have an idea.

Motherlovebetta

That’s in Portuguese and there’s no name on it I see the words are all just describing the head and bristles. I’ll send a pic to my uncle he has a friend who imports plecos.

LowConductivity

LDA 008 for the win

CHJ

LDA 008 for the win
Winner winner! Thank you very much.
Ancistrus claro • Loricariidae • Cat-eLog even includes the very pic.
Looks like the pic I found is very misrepresentative of the fish. It might be a morph or it might be lighting. Either way finding white ones is not likely.

And checking my texts. LFS guy says it is an edited photo, he also just sold out of his 45$ wild caught breeders and 25$ babies. So he knew what it was and had them. I love my LFS.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Katie993
Replies
Views
mrjohn
Replies
Views
Nikki2577
Replies